Monday, May 25, 2009

Honoring OUR WWII Veteran

Today is the day that we honor our veterans that have served in so many wars in our nation!! My dad, Dale is now almost 91 years old!! He served in WWII all those years ago while Mother was at home having me!! What an honor it is to still have our dad with us.

Both he and Mother are staying here this summer with Mike and I here in Georgia!! We are having a great time!!

Dad does not hear very well and usually is about 2 conversations behind when we are talking in a group!! He has new hearing aides but for some reason nothing really helps him. He just does not understand much when watching a movie or any kind of drama on the TV. But he does try!! We all went to see the movie, "Night at the Museum II" this past Saturday!! I did not sit close to him but I am sure he was quite surprised at being there. He had not been in years!!

Dad worries so much about almost everything but he is still with us and that is the most important thing.

While in WWII he was wounded twice leaving my mother to worry about him while trying to take care of me!! What an awful world it was...but really it is still just the same only then it was my parents!!

Today I hope that we will stop and honor those that have served in our armies...all throughout our wars...Today as my dad was sitting waiting on us to get groceries. He had several people stop and shake his hand. He is always astounded when people do this but we need to make it a point to thank our veterans. Many of them will not be around in a few years!!


This is my dad with his Purple Heart
hat on

Have a great Memorial Day!!

Flip Flop

5 comments:

Zaroga said...

A wonderful post, Sandy. Your Dad looks handsome in his hat.

Love your header!

Technonana said...

A fitting Tribute to one of our Heros!!!
Please tell your dad that The Holladays said THANK YOU, for the sacrifices you have made for us and our country!! It just makes your heart proud!!

Denise said...

Tell your dear dad thank you for me. I love your new blog look.

Needled Mom said...

We honor your dad and all other military personnel on this special day of rememberances.

Puss-in-Boots said...

What a lovely tribute to your Dad and all other Veterans. Well said, Sandy.