Tuesday, November 11, 2008

VETERANS DAY!!

Today is the day that we thank our veterans and those that are serving in the armed forces!! We thank them for the Freedom that we are so blessed with..Thank you so much!!

My dad served in WWII. He was wounded twice and finally made it back home to Mother and his new born daughter..ME!!
Here is a picture of my dad and mother. Dad shown here in his Army outfit!! I know that most of the time he does not like to talk about what happened there in that horrible war.

We are always going to have wars!! This is what our bible tells us...We need these strong young men and women that fight for our country in order to keep us safe!!

Happy Veteran's Day!!

I thought I would try the test that both Lazy Daisy and Melli tried...Hm..guess it is kind of close to me....




What Your Cute Monster Says About You



You are a simply happy person. You still view the world with a childlike innocence.

You have an easy going attitude, and you value harmony. You love freely and inspire others to love.



You inner demon is frailty. You are easily beaten down by life.

People think you're cute because you are optimistic. Your outlook on life is charming.

What does your monster tell you????

Went to sit with Mrs. B again and of course the same thing once again!! WHEW!! I am so glad that I do come home!!

Hubby bought me a new red slow cooker so this morning before I left, I put together a recipe that came with the cooker..BEEF STEW!! It has cooked all day and smells great!! Good warm supper tonight. Now to bake the biscuits!! YES!!

Have a great evening. Sorry my posts are so late anymore...but having to go to Richmond hill every day makes me behind!!
Take care...

Flip flop:
Thought for the day: "Handle stressful situations like a dog...If you can't eat it or play with it...Pee on it and walk away!!" Thought this was great!!


16 comments:

Baba said...

Good evening Sandy, A good home cooked meal in a slow cooker is wonderful.. I am sure you will enjoy many meals ahead!!! A red cooker will brighten up anyone's kitchen...Have a nice dinner ...
Hugs, Barb

Melli said...

Oh what a HANDSOME couple your parents made! (I guess they still DO!) I had MY slow cooker going today too -- I made 16 Bean Soup! YUM! Perfect for the chilly day it was here today! I don't have a RED one though. SNAZZY - that's what I say! You got the SNAZZY cooker! I actually used my OLD smaller cooker today. I have a new BLACK one - well almost new - last Christmas! I use it all the time - but for MORE than just 3 people! The smaller pot was perfect. I almost threw it away when I got the new one - but somethin' told me I should hang on to it! Glad I did! I use them both at holidays!

Peggy said...

I love crockpots! I always have something cooking in one of my two. Makes life so much easier.

Linda said...

Here's what the monster said about me.
You are a well balanced person. You have all aspects of your life happily in order.
Whenever you have a choice in life, you try to choose the middle path.

You inner demon is melancholy. You can be a bit moody at times.
People think you're cute because you are easy going. Your live and let live attitude is charming.

Oh well.

You father was very handsome in his uniform! May I come over for a bowl of stew??? I think I can smell it.

I'm finally getting back in the swing of things. I sure have missed reading what everyone has been doing.

Gretchen said...

What a nice photo. My hubby doesn't talk about his war experiences either. Once in a while he'll tell me a few things, but I know it's pretty painful for him.

Mary said...

Sandy,

LOL I love your thought for the day.

Thank you for this tribute to your father and all veterans. They are all heroes.

Blessings,
Mary

SmilingSally said...

Mmmmm, beef stew sounds good. Thanks to your father for his contribution to my freedom.

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to your father.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

doesn't a guy in a uniform just make you swoon? you mom is a doll too!!!

loved the thought for the day...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Anonymous said...

What great memories for you and what a great picture of you Mom & Dad. Wars are so terrible.
I can almost smell the beef stew in the slow cooker. I love beef stew in the winter time, or any time really. I haven't made a stew in quite a while. I must do that soon.
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of your parents! I like to look at pix of mine and think about how they might have been when they were young; their dreams together.

And I love your thought for the day! Copying that for my daughter in California! lol

Have a wonderful day!

Denise said...

Come by my blog, there are two awards for you my friend.

lillinda said...

Thought for the day: "Handle stressful situations like a dog...If you can't eat it or play with it...Pee on it and walk away!!" Thought this was great!!

I love this one ! It reminds me of my little brother. He stayed with my cousins in the country one summer for a week when he was 6 and mama like to never broke him of just letting it rip where ever he was !

Denise said...

Beautiful picture of your brave Dad... How my heart goes out to our brave men and women that purchased our freedom.. I feel such a wonderful pride in our troops that continue to keep us free..........

Great post !

Skeeter said...

Hi!

A great post. I love these old images of veterans and their significant others. The folks who fought and won WW2 really were the greatest generation.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing this precious memory ... they were such a lovely couple. I admire your father's courage and love for country.