Monday, October 03, 2005


Things that aggravate me

What a title you might be saying!! As I am getting older not a lot aggravates me like it used too when I was younger.

When I was younger I had a temper and a half!! Just ask my kids!! They got the blunt of it and then my dear husband got the back end of it. God has taken that temper away. I totally believe that He has. There is no other way that it could just disappear like it has. I used to let things get to me more than they do now. I remember envying others for the "things" that they had and now realize how "stupid and materialistic" that all was. I don't need those things. Even when I did get some of the "things" that I thought I really HAD to have then after possessing them for awhile they were then no longer FUN to have!!

We humans have a funny way of thinking that if we have more it will help us FEEL better. It doesn't!!

I do have one aggravation that really gets to me....People that are late. Now that one buggs me really to my core. I try to think though that something is making them late. Maybe they just got off to a bad start. There has to be a reason for that.

My daughter gets really upset with drivers. She seems to get behind the slow ones. That does not even bother me anymore. I think well maybe they are just being careful (probably not) but it helps to try to think what might...yes just might be their problem today.

I started out thinking of things that aggravate me. You know not much does anymore. Could it be that I am growing up? Maybe...well finally. I guess it is about time for me to be doing that.

I think that most adults need to get through a lot of things before they realize that growing up is necessary...sometime!! That time is different for a lot of us.

We have to realize that some things just are not worth the worry. They are not worth giving up your time. Our time is really important to us anymore. It is flying right by us faster than we can catch it.

Ephesians 1:18 says that, " the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of this glorious inheritance in the saints." Isn't that great? The eyes of your heart, what a phrase to remember!! The eyes of our hearts need to be opened so that we can see through others problems and short comings. We also need to learn to see our OWN!!

I have learned something today too..

No comments: