Sunday, June 21, 2009


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to everyone today!! This is a great day for all father's!! We went out this morning to Perkins. We met our daughter and her family and good friends of theirs. We all had breakfast!! There were 12 of us. We arrived at the right time because when we were leaving it looked like everyone had just decided to come. We took pictures of the dad's this morning. Left to right: Jason, Roger (sil); My dad; and my hubby Mike!!

We left and went to Walmart for groceries. Dad gets on one of those electric carts and just goes and leaves us in the dust!! He wanted to stay in the car and wait and with these horrible high temps we just could not let him do that!! Besides If I were him I would love that electric cart..FUN!!

Our weather has been like August weather with the temps reaching into the 100's already!! We also have had a lot of rain for Georgia and also storms. Coming home the other night from work here is what I saw....

I was hoping to get home and fast!! It just poured. This soil in Georgia is so clay filled that after it rains it looks flooded then just wait a minute and it is like you never had rain..Crazy. Puddles don't even stay long.

This past week we went out with Tootsie and her mom Stella so that they could all meet. Here is a picture that I took:


My mother, Stella and my dad at Sweet Potatoes

Tomorrow we are taking Mother to a vascular surgeon to see if he has any answers for her legs and feet. Our appointment is early in the morning!! I just hope that he knows something to do for her.

I work most of this week in the evenings so it is going to be another busy week for us...Hey I almost forgot...I did something that I thought I would never learn to do..I put my own ram in my computer!! I was a little nervous but got it in there. It is very simple to do..but I was still proud of myself for doing it!! Ha!! Even at 64 you can learn new tricks!!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by!! I love hearing from you..Hopefully you are having a great day today on this Father's Day!!

FLIP FLOP
Thought for the day: "Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled."


8 comments:

Deare Diary said...

Be thankful for the rain. We have not had any in a while. My dad worked hard planting his garden and everything has burned up. That is a lot of work for someone over 80 years of age. I notice that your dad is always smiing. I like to see that in the elderly. God bless you.
Judy

Mary said...

Sandy,

What a great Father's Day photo. I enjoyed reading your post. I do hope the doctor can find some relief for your mother.

The photo of the sky is gorgeous, even though a storm is moving in. I've been in Georgia during one of those storms. The ground here is also clay, but a different kind. Still the water lies on top and then soaks in, just as you describe. We've had a lot of rain this spring but the next day it's as if we've had none.

Take care, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Puss-in-Boots said...

I love the photo of the approaching storm. Very dramatic. Our drought of the last few years has well and truly broken and we've had heaps of rain. In fact, it's raining right now, has been all night.

I hope the vascular surgeon has some answers for your mother. Do let us know how she gets on.

Take care.

Unknown said...

You put your own ram in the computer???? I am totally impressed.

I think South Carolina and Georgia shared the rain, the dark clouds and such during the last week or two. And, yes, it feels like August already. Can you imagine what it will be like in two months?


Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds like it was a wonderful Father's Day. What a nice photo too!

I have heard about all of your heat there. It sounds dreadful.

Good luck with the doctor appointment. I hope you get some easy answers.

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Babe, Sounds like a great day for the all the men in your life. What did the doctor say about your mom. Got all of you prayed up. Miss you.

Denise said...

I love you my friend.

Deanna said...

Looks like fun was had by all! Today was cooler, wasn't it? And no rain! lol Hope you enjoy your week!