Friday, January 16, 2009

Slow Cooker Lentil Rice Soup

Here is the recipe from my post below!! I would half this especially the rice and the lentils...

Slow Cooker Lentil Rice Soup


PREP TIME

20 Min

COOK TIME

7 Hrs

READY IN

7 Hrs 20 Min

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 2 cups dry lentils
  • 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 8 cups water
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place the lentils, rice, carrots, celery, onion, water, broth, garlic powder, ground black pepper and salt in a slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. Stir in the mushrooms 1 hour before serving.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Let me know if you like it. Brie is on her way home soon. Will be here all weekend.
Easy day here. Only one child. Nice.:) Have a great weekend.

Jane said...

Sounds good. I will have to try it!

Denise said...

Yummy.

SmilingSally said...

Thank you!

Saija said...

now my tummies growling ... but it's too late to snack!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I can see I'm gonna have to try that next winter...it's a bit too warm at the moment.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Dear Flip Flop.......

I’m going to copy the recipe and try it out, sounds perfect for a cold winter’s day. Hope you and Mike are well. Hugs Marion

Betty said...

This recipe sounds so good for a cold winter day like we are having lately. Thanks for sharing it.

Needled Mom said...

Sounds really good.

Mary said...

Sandy,

The soup sounds delicious and so easy to make. I'm going to try it.

Groceries are beyond reason. We are paying $2.89 for eggs and meat is out of this world for price. Chicken, which used to be cheap, is very expensive, as is all other cuts of meat. Thank goodness for a butcher not far away who charges fair prices. Even the discount grocery stores are expensive now.

Take care, my friend. Hope all is well with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Nancy said...

WOW this sounds great for the COLD days that we've had lately. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great week. I continue to keep up with you on FB even though I don't always comment. BLESSINGS!

Anonymous said...

his sounds so healthy and easy. I'm going to copy this one into my Blogland folder Thaks.

Hugs,
Chris