Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day 2008

It is still COLD here!! When we got up this morning it was 12 degrees below 0!! That is just ridiculous!! It is now 8 degrees above 0...It has WARMED UP!!

We finally got dressed and left our motor home to go next door to our daughter's home to watch everyone open up presents!! We all sit down and Ricky passed out the presents..then we open them youngest to the oldest!! We always open them one at a time too...that makes it all last longer...Everyone enjoyed the presents that we had brought. I ended up getting a real pretty sweater that has snowmen on it..Very pretty!!


You can see a bit of my sweater in this picture with Julie!!

After opening we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast!! That was good!! I don't usually eat like that.

Dad got up this morning a little bit not himself..lost...this afternoon he is still lost a bit!! I feel so sorry for him. He is just better in his own surroundings I think!!

We had dinner and now most everyone is gone for awhile. It is rather quiet! I am feeling tons better today but we have about 3 that are getting it now!! I was afraid this would happen. You would think that it would be too cold to ever get sick here!! smile!!


Emily, Katie and Brie...Illinois granddaughters!!

Yesterday we went to see my cousin, Bonnie up by Chicago!! Here is a great picture that I love!!


My mother, me, cousin Bonnie and daughter Julie

WE had a great time there and the weather co-operated with us too!! These hardy people are used to all of this and the driving is no problem. I have almost forgotten HOW to drive in these conditions!! I really do not want to learn how again either...At our home now in Savannah it is about 79 degrees!! WOW!! I almost wish that I was like Barbara Eden in Bewitched and could just twist my nose and be home!! smile!!

Not much else to report from this cold state!! Please pray that we do not run out of propane before tomorrow or we are going to be a cold bunch of people in the morning!! Tomorrow is after Christmas shopping day!! Should be fun!!

Blessings on your day!!

FLIP FLOP

7 comments:

Denise said...

Merry Christmas, love you.

Pear tree cottage! said...

What a beautiful post.........BUT!!! That is O!! SO COLD!!! and here I am in shorts and thongs (flip flops) wishing it would be just a little cooler 38-40degs here what is that about 105 in your language....(smiles)

Just wishing you a wonderful safe Christmas season my dear friend, may this new year be filled with so much joy!!

Lee-ann

Zaroga said...

I loved catching up on your blog. We lived in Virginia for many years and that was too cold and snowy for us. We can tolerate the our hot summers with an ac here. Our weather is only really hot and miserable for 3 or 4 months of the year :-) Our winters are mild and we don't dip down into the 20s very often.

Christmas afternoon it got to 80 degrees here... very unusual for December. Our November was much colder.

I hope you are well and can enjoy your shopping.

Merry Christmas!
Zaroga

Monkey Giggles said...

It has been a joy getting to know you through your blog. Your blog, friendship has been a blessing in my life.

SmilingSally said...

Your Christmas sounds like mine, except we went to our son's house.

Saija said...

awwwww ... sounds wonderful!
drive safe now!

Susan said...

The pictures are fabulous, Sandy! I love the one of just you and Julie. And the girls look like they are having so much fun.

Big Hugs,

Susan