Monday, July 21, 2008

Super Heroes Monday


The DARK KNIGHT


Hubby and i went to see the new BATMAN movie last night and both loved it!! As usual it was a DARK movie but i guess that Gotham City is supposed to be that way. Really though in some parts you did see sunshine in this movie!!

I have been to all of the Batman movies. Our son has always loved batman!! When he was little he had a batman party!! I wish right now that i had those pictures, but I made a scrapbook for him and he has them in California!! He loved Batman and Robin back then!! Probably that is where it all started for all of us.

Me, though I love Spiderman; X-Men; Incredible Hulk and well just any of those great heroes!! When I know a new one is coming out I want to go see it!!

This time hubby came to me and said...WANTA GO SEE BATMAN? Well those of you that know me and my love of movies know that you only ASK once!! I got right on the computer to find out what time!!

We got to the theater and found out that the movie time we were wanting to go too was all SOLD OUT!! I had heard that this was a hard movie to get into!! We got tickets for the next one and came back (what we thought was) in plenty of time. Hubby dropped me off and I was in a line that wound all over the place!! Finally they split us up into 4 different lines in two different locations!! It was funny!! When they dropped the ropes for us to go in the worker put his hand up in the air and counted down 1-2-3 with his fingers!! It was like the beginning of a race!! I told hubby you are going to have to keep up!! (He does not walk very quickly anymore). He kept up and we got a great seat!! Everyone was heading for the center of the auditorium!!

Heath Ledger as the JOKER!!


I think it was well worth going!! Hubby liked it too!! Also if you like "eye candy"...then Christian Bale is just right for those eyes of yours..and mine!! smile!! We had always thought that Jack Nicolson was the BEST of the JOKERS but last night we found out that Heath Ledger was just wonderful in his part!! He played it to a tee!! After watching his performance it made you really feel horrible that someone that talented had to die!! He was just excellent!! Made you really HATE him...which is what you are supposed to do!! I do recommend this movie. I would not for little kids though as it is very violent!!

EYE CANDY!!



In other things:

Not much going on here today...just very HOT like yesterday and we have dirty clothes once again that need to have their weekly bath!! Grumpa is doing better today and I think getting "less grumpy"...bless his heart...he is not good when he is sick!! Most men aren't right???

I went and exercised this morning!! Came home to face book and see that I have 3 more friends that have found me!! What fun!! You really should try it if you would like to find someone.

Have a fun MONDAY!! Stay cool and don't work too hard!! tee hee!!

FLIP FLOP
Thought for the day: "Never be too open minded...your brains might fall out!" funny one!!

16 comments:

Charlotte said...

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't enjoy any kind of "dark" movie. I'm very much partial to LIGHT so I won't be going to see this new movie. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate it. I think I would have liked it when I was a child.

Julie said...

buck and ricky went to see it the other night. I didn't want to go. Had a headache and didn't feel like going.
Hot here too. Hopefully humidity will let up. Ricky has flag football practice all week. You may be able to watch one of his games while you are here. He would really like that.

Qtpies7 said...

I liked The Dark Knight, and of course Heath Ledger was amazing! But I didn't care for Batman, not that he didn't play the role right, he just didn't have the connection to the audience that I like.
Iron Man was WAY better!

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, when I saw you on IM, I wrote an answer and could not see where to send it back to you on Face Book..how do I reply back to you?? thanks, Barb

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Sandy.It is so hot here too!! Whew!

Since you were at my blog I have a new post! I was telling every one that KU let me know that the lab report was back and Nancy's B cells have come back!! No more going over there!

We have made that trip once a month since Oct 2006! I am so happy about the B cells and that we don't have to drive way over there!!

I bet my girls and Bill will go see the new movie.
I am glad you liked it so much! Love and hugs, Carolyn

Denise said...

I really want to see that movie, glad you enjoyed it.

Linda said...

The only superhero that I liked was Superman. I never got into Batman.

The rest of my week is going to be crazy since the FL clan will start arriving tomorrow night. Tomorrow I too much bath my clothes and I gave my spider plant a hair cut this afternoon. I'll try to pop in during the week.

Puss-in-Boots said...

My favourite superhero is Superman...I adored those movies. Glad you finally got into see Batman and enjoyed. Yes, it's so sad about Heath Ledger.

Do you know, his parents were crazy about the book "Wuthering Heights", so he was called Heathcliff and his sister is Catherine.

Another piece of movie trivia for you.

Melli said...

LOL! Now, there's MY best excuse NOT to Face Book! I don't want to be FOUND! LOL!

I have to admit that I do love the Batman movies too! Dennis and I have seen all of them as well -- but no, I don't recommend any but the first one for the kids! After that I thought they all had either too much violence or too negative subject matter. Just MY thoughts! Glad you got to see it!

Peggy said...

Though my girls loved the batman movies and tv show I just never got into it. The grandsons can't wait to see it.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Sandy...Your eye candy has been arrested...

Here's the Link

For assaulting two women! I guess his ego got the best of him.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie yet but I will eventually.
Take care,
Diane

Saija said...

as usual, we wait for it to come on tv ... but it's good to know that there are such great raves for it ... :o)

i remember the old batman & robin days on tv ... my brother just loved them ... i'd watch the show too and pretend i didn't - but i actually enjoyed it too!

blessings on your day!

Lazy Daisy said...

Home from Philadelphia. We tried to see Batman in IMAX in Philly but they were sold out way in advance to the movie coming out. It's really hot here too. Miss you.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Sandy. Hubby and I watched The Dark Knight last night. We enjoyed it very much. I think Heath Ledger gave a remarkable performance. It's so sad that he's gone.

We didn't bring Yohan along because the movie has a lot of violent scenes but we bought him a nice batman shirt when we got out of the cinema as a souvenir.

Cal said...

It is one of the few movies I would consider going to see again. Of course I went to a matinée to get the cheap price.

I love the hero movies too. Enjoyed the comics as a kid and love it when the movie not only is filled with action but has a message too. Both this and Spider Man II have a story to tell which is moving as well. They are the two best of the bunch in my book.

Cal