Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another New Day!!



Yeap!! Another day is here and boy is this one a COLD one!! I am not used to this cold cold stuff!! This morning when we got up it was 5 degrees!! WOW!! I have not seen that cold weather in years and do not want to see it again...but I am sure before i leave here I will!!

Last night the wind was so bad that it just howled!! AGAIN!! I am not used to that being a Southern Georgia girl! I like the sun and the heat more than this cold bitting weather!!

We are doing pretty good here!! Dad is good most of the time. He has been laughing which is such a good sound to hear!! We look for the good times. He has even been washing dishes!! That is a good thing to see!!

We don't know how this is going to work out but as I told Mother we are to just take one day at a time!! I think that laughter is the best medicine!! Mother is going to have to keep humor in their lives!! This is the only thing that I can think of to help them out. Each day that he is himself is like a "blessing day"!!

I am here until this coming Monday then i have a plane ticket to get back to Savannah, Georgia!! Where it is warm!! My daughter told me that it is 61 there!! Wow!! I am in the wrong country!! Smile!!

Well I tried to visit a few of you today!! I am so impressed how you mentioned my dad and are praying for him. Thanks so much. My mother said to tell everyone thanks so much.

12 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, we all never know what is ahead in our future....That is the only thing to do ..take one day at a time..Give your mom and dad my best wishes...I will see you next week , if I am not called to Atlanta before then... Hugs, Barb

Pennies In My Pocket said...

5 degrees? I don't know that I've ever been anywhere that is 5 degrees ... not even my freezer! Brrrrr ... stay warm!!

I hope your dad is doing well!

~melody~

Melli said...

Praying, praying, praying! Yes, keep them smiling! (and what IS it with dishes??? Mom loves them!)

Talk..to..Grams said...

It sure is cold!! We are to get a bunch of snow tomorrow..... Kelly came down with this junk that Karen and I have today. She went to the Dr. My throat is sore and I lost my voice this afternoon...
I will keep you all on my prayer list. I think you are on the right track taking one day at a time! Love and hugs Carolyn

Anonymous said...

As a native Illinoisan, we don't consider 5 degrees cold! Good luck with your parents. I've been down the Alzheimer's road with both a grandmother and my mother in law. It's so hard, but remember there is support if you ask for it. Use it!

Maggie Ann said...

Keep cozy! Glad you're Dad is doing some better. Isn't it good to hear laughter though....=)

Denise said...

Stay warm sweetie, praying for you.

Betty said...

One day at a time, Sandy. That's all you can do and still keep your sanity.

I will keep you and your parents in my prayers.

Love,
Betty

Jennifer said...

Beautiful picture! I was so glad to read that your dad is going better. I will continue to remember him & the rest of your family in my prayers!

Hugs,
Jennifer :-)

Linda said...

We don't know what our own future will be. That's why we need to live each day to its fullest.

I'm heading south next week to be with my daughter when the baby comes. Can you believe it's that time already?

Hope said...

Hi Sandy,
It's so great to hear that even in the midst of your trials, you and your parents are making memories. God is so good! And ain't our circle of bloggy friends great? I have met so many wonderful women on here and I believe they are genuine when they say they are praying about whatever our need is at the time. You can actually feel it.

You all try to stay warm. You'll probably burn up when you get back to Georgia! LOL

Give your mom and dad a big hug for me and tell them I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Hugs for you too,
Hope

Glo said...

Glad to hear your Dad is laughing and doing dishes. Dishes are like the making of bread. When he was young every one did dishes and families talked while doing the dishes.
Sorry the Savannah gal doesn't like our weather...hee hee neither do we. I think if it gets past 32 degrees this time of year, we're having a heat wave.
Tell your mother we're keeping them both in our prayers. Each good day is a Blessing from God.

Lots of {{Hugs}}
Glo