Tuesday, December 11, 2007

TUESDAY TIDBITS




It is warm and sunny here in Southeastern Georgia today!! It is suppose to get to 80 degrees!! I know that a lot of you out there are wrapped up in blankets and stuck at home now with an ice storm!! Believe me i have been in many many ice storms and never want to do that again!! I just thought I would make you a little warmer by telling you about our sunshine today!!



Above I have inserted a picture of my old nativity scene. This was made for me by my Sunday School teacher a LONG time ago. I was very young at the time but remember getting it then. It was all white but one time I tried to paint it. WHY? Hmmmm...who knows!! This was given to me in 1951!! I have had it up at every Christmas that I have been married!! I have always been so afraid that it would break but so far I have been able to keep it all in tact!! I thought you might like to see it!!



Some of you have been asking about my orthopedist report from yesterday!! Well, he said that the MRI did not show anything wrong!! I know that is great but it still makes you wonder where all that pain came from. He said that MRI's are normally about 90% accurate. He said that if that bad bad pain returns to come back and they will go in there and see what is causing my problem. The cortisone injection has really helped. If it holds then I will be okay. Now we just go day by day. The only thing that he could come up with was that i might have a torn cartilage. He said that one other patient of his had a clear MRI but they finally had to go into her knee and found that it was torn. You know when something says that you have a 10% chance of not having it then I usually end up ....HAVING IT!! smile. For now I am doing pretty well. I did go exercise this morning and did a lot better than I had anticipated!! That is good news for me.



Everyone done with Christmas shopping? We are as done as we can be. We really really cut back this year!! We just had too. We know that each year that comes that we are going to have to really be careful. The older you get the less money there is so that makes us have to be very careful and smart about giving at Christmas. We are just forced into being careful!! I hope you are all done!!



I am off to work again this afternoon!! I really do like my job!! Finally I can do something that is fun!! Plus they call it a job!! smile!!



We are losing a great pastor at our church. It almost made hubby and I cry the other night when we found out. We are losing Jeff Vines!! He is the best that we have ever had. He feels like he is being called to a church in California as their senior pastor. They do not know how fortunate they are!! He is a great teacher of the WORD!! Believe me!! I have some blogging babe friends who were able to go and hear him while they were visiting me!! We are going to miss him dearly!!



I know everyone is busy this time of the year!! Blogging gets put to the side!! Take care and hopefully we will all be back to our regular BAD HABIT...BLOGGING again soon....

FLIP FLOP!!



8 comments:

Glo said...

Loved seeing your nativity. I collect them. I have about 20 now. One is 30 yrs old.(my Mother and MIL bought it for me,I think it cost $17.00 a lot 30 yrs ago) All sizes. Some people say it a funny thing to collect,but I love all of them and each has a story of who gave them to me and when.
We'll PRAY for your knee. Then the 10% WON'T happen.
Sorry to hear you losing your pastor. Good one's who know and teach the WORD are hard to come by. We'll pray for you to get a good replacement.

Denise said...

I love you sweetie, glad your MRI turned out good.

Talk..to..Grams said...

So glad to hear that the MRI was good! I will pray that everything in the knee heals up and is just fine! I have a nativity scene from 1958 when Carrie was little... I have had to replace the nativity but have all the figures and they are looking really old! My family loves it because I always put it under the tree. Now I put it on a hutch like deal... So mamy happy memory with it...We still have power! Praise God! and we are warm! Hugs, Carolyn

Jennifer said...

Oh, I hate that you're losing Jeff...he's excellent!! He will bless congregations wherever he goes, though (((HUGS))! I'm glad your MRI was good...I hope your pain goes away soon!

Carole Burant said...

Such a wonderful nativity and to think that you've had it since 1951 is amazing! I can't believe the hot temps you're having...we've been freezing here but at least we're not getting those ice storms, just snow! Hopefully your knee continues to be better and I'm sure it was a relief to find out that the MRI showed nothing but as you say, something was causing that pain! I was gone shopping today and can now say that I'm pretty much done with my Christmas shopping...tomorrow I have to bring my mom shopping so hopefully my feet will hold out! lol I'm so sorry to hear that you're losing such a beloved pastor, hopefully his replacement will work out. xox

Baba said...

Hi Sandy,I can't believe the MRI showed nothing in the knee.When my shoulder had the torn tendons it did not show up on a MRI.. only with a ultrasound.It is strange how soft tissue injures show up anyway...???
This was good news for you and you are right about taking it one day at a time..I trust and love our doctor..I have had Cortisone shots help my knees in the past.

I love your nativity scene, I have one on my Wordless Wednesday..
See you soon, Hugs, Barb

Baba said...

Hi Sandy,I can't believe the MRI showed nothing in the knee.When my shoulder had the torn tendons it did not show up on a MRI.. only with a ultrasound.It is strange how soft tissue injures show up anyway...???
This was good news for you and you are right about taking it one day at a time..I trust and love our doctor..I have had Cortisone shots help my knees in the past.

I love your nativity scene, I have one on my Wordless Wednesday..
See you soon, Hugs, Barb

Betty said...

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for visiting my blog today and your help in solving the problem I had with my last posting. I need to practice getting it right.

I love your nativity scene. It's really unique.

I'm glad your cortisone shot is still effective. I hope it holds the pain off for a long time.

I can relate to you losing your pastor. Don't know if you read my post where I said our preacher resigned after being at our church at lease 25 years, maybe longer. It felt like a death to me. He is 83 years old, so it was time. I'm sorry your pastor is leaving. I know how that feels.