Tuesday, February 27, 2007

TUESDAY TIDBITS
BY FLIP FLOP FLOOZIE



I need to get some blogging in!! I see everyone else out there getting words all out on their blogs and you nice people stopping by and I have nothin' new up for you to read so I need to "get my rear in gear"!! Sorry gang!!

It is just that nothin' of importance has been happen' here at the flip flop ranch lately!! We are just in the gettin' ready to go mode!! I have been cleaning up my home!! I always want it to look good when I leave JUST IN CASE!! Ya know!! I have always been that way...I have always been afraid that if something happens to me while I am away then someone is going to come into my house and say..."wow, what a lousy housekeeper that girl was" and I am truly sure I would hear that!! Even in heaven!!

Yesterday I spent the day washing and cleaning our upstairs!! YES we have two floors..that means steps!! Yeap...14 of them. I count them often...!!! Believe me I do!! The upstairs is cleaned for a bit. Simon and Annie go skidding through the floors chasing something or each other but they do not do much harm. Now for the big downstairs room and the steps.

Anyone out there like vacuuming steps? NOT I!! I think I will tackle them once I get off here!! Then the downstairs room. In the middle of all of this I have been keeping a BIG list and checking it off when I take things to the RV to make sure that there is everything in there that I am going to need to cook with. You know you have to remember "everything" that you are going to need for 2-3 weeks??!! Think about it!! We do not want to have to spend a penny on anything else except gasoline! Hmm. So I am having to really use this tired Ole' brain of mine!!

I saw Jennifer Hudson interviewed this morning on the Today show and I am still very happy about her award!! I just love seeing the underdog win!! It just makes me happy!! I love knowing that sometimes the good guy still makes it!!

Hubby is working himself to death this week trying to get "it all" done of course!! What work ethics this man has!! I am so HOPING that he slows down next week some!! I guess I can fantatsize a little!! Smile!! I know that he won't!!

Hope all of you my friends are having a great day!! It is sunny and nice here again in the sunny South East. Supposed to be in the high 70's!! Yesterday was a day made in Heaven!! Gorgeous day but the sand gnats were out in droves!! Those silly things!!

Take care


11 comments:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Rving is still a dream for me, but when we went sailing for a few hours I took everything I could think of for the day. It is so easy to forget one thing. Will have all y'all in my thoughts during the long drive with this changeable weather. Take pictures of the joy on your parents' faces at coming home.

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Babe, Sounds like the count down has begun. So happy that the folks were able to sell their trailer in Arizona. Know you are all prayed up for your on the road experience.

Yep, I'm also glad we saw Dream Girls together. Now whenever I see anything or anyone associated with the movie I have a great memory of us seeing it together.

Miss you.

Susie said...

Wow, it will be amazing if you remember everything you need for 3 weeks. I always forget some little something!
I keep a packing list on my computer and just print it out each time we go. I keep it in the RV and if I need something that wasn't on the list, I write it in and then update the list on the computer for the next trip. Works fairly well...
:)

Baba said...

Sandy, Do you have a big enough size fridge to carry alot of food ? I would not know what to take on a trip like this ? Are the cats going with you ? They will be good company; not that Mike and your parents, won't keep you entertained.I will miss your blogging and keeping me straight.See you tomorrow.
Barb

Nancy said...

I hate the stairs too. I am loving this beautiful weather in the south also, it just doesn't get better than this.

Peggy said...

I finally have a home with no stairs and I love it. You can come clean here when you finish your house! LOL

Melli said...

Boy! I'm sure glad there are NO sand gnats on your sandy beach blog! I do NOT like those things! Sounds like you've been a busy little bee ... but it will all be worth it when you get to COME HOME to a nice clean (though dusty) house! (WELL! MY house would be dusty by the time I got back!) You must have a LOT of storage space in that camper to hold enough for 3 whole weeks! I think you guys are going to have a ton of fun! Just think ... you can just stop and SEE things! Oh you and that new camera will have a BALL! You make sure to let Hubby use it sometimes to so we see what YOU are up to! ;)

Linda said...

I'm the same way about cleaning before we go on a trip. I'm also cleaning out closets before I have a lot of company. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Linda said...

I'm the same way about cleaning before we go on a trip. I'm also cleaning out closets before I have a lot of company. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Linda said...

I'm the same way about cleaning before we go on a trip. I'm also cleaning out closets before I have a lot of company. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Linda said...

I'm the same way about cleaning before we go on a trip. I'm also cleaning out closets before I have a lot of company. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and look forward to hearing all about it when you return.