Monday, February 19, 2007

This morning I woke up thinking about LOVE and how it has changed over the years for my hubby and myself. It has developed into a MATURE and understanding LOVE and not one that was YOUNG and filled with what each of us can get from the other!!

As I was coming back from Curves this morning one song kept getting stuck in my head and I just could not get it out!! I came right home, stuck in a load of wash and then set out to find the lyrics. Those of you that are closer to my AGE (I only have one more day to be 61!!) will remember this one I bet...the song is called...."YOUNG LOVE" Any of you out there remember it? I searched forever but finally found it...

Young Love

-Artist: Tab Hunter
-the # 22 song of the 1955-1959 rock era
-was # 1 for 6 weeks in 1957
-Words and Music by Carole Joyner and Ric Cartey
- Sonny James' competing version also hit # 1 and The Crew-Cuts' hit # 17

They say for every boy and girl
There's just one love in this whole world
And I know I've found mine
The heavenly touch of your embrace
Tells me no one could take your place
Ever in my heart

Young love (young love), first love (first love)
Filled with true devotion
Young love (young love), our love (our love)
We share with deep emotion

Just one kiss from your sweet lips
Will tell me that your love is real
And I can feel that it's true
We will vow to one another
There will never be another
Love for you or for me

Young love (young love), first love (first love)
Filled with true devotion
Young love (young love), our love (first love)
We share with deep emotion

I share this with you because I think this is the way we feel when we are young and in love for the first time!! Today after being married for 43 years and having gone through so many, many things in life and knowing that many more things lay ahead I know that those words are for the YOUNG!!

I don't know why this has just been on my mind but maybe I have been thinking that OUR love has progressed now and I don't need that Young Love any longer. This mature love that we have now is a forgiving love even when things get rough and we have arguments/discussions and no one seems to understand what the other is trying to point out!! Love now is only concern for the other!! That is what mature love is...concern for the other!! This is what Mature love SHOULD BE!!!

When you are YOUNG I think that most of the time pleasing yourself is at the front but now that is way behind!! My thoughts are only in trying to do what is pleasing for my husband and what I can do to make him happy!!

My problem is why does he not understand that!!??
I think I hear you saying...."Because he is a man, honey...that is why?" Yes, and you very well might be right!!

But I keep on trying to get him to understand. Mature love should be wanting to love and help the other...right?

Most of the time that is exactly what goes on but then when I see it not happening and I try to step in and stop things and turn them around well....things don't go well!!

Why am I the one to have to say "I am sorry" when I see that things need to CHANGE!!??
Could this be why women live longer than men, you think? Women get it and men don't? LOVE is such a feeling!! I want to do for my hubby all that I can but sometimes I feel so short and so weak in that department!! I feel like I have not lived up to what I should be doing.
Thanks for letting me vent today!!

I think this must sound like a crazy mixed up post to most of you but it just gets it all off of my chest and puts it out in black and white. LOVE...Hmmm!! Marriage...For better or for worse in richer or poorer, in sickness and in health...those were are vowes and I INTEND to keep them!! After all TRADE IN VALUE is way gone by now....smile!! TEASING OF COURSE!!

FLIP FLOP FLOOZIE A LITTLE CONFUSED TODAY!! SMILE





9 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Babe, Sorry you are confused. Men are like that, especially our strong silent ones. Know you are loved and cherished even when you don't feel like it!

Unknown said...

Hi Floozie! Well, you are loved...by more than one!

LOVE your new background!!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of young love, yes I remember those days too and you are right, as you grow together, love just gets stronger and you are there to please one another. At our age we do not worry too much about how we look as we use to, we try to help our mate the best we know how. I could write a book about this, but better not start. Love is being able to say, "I'm sorry." Love Mother

Linda said...

I think as we age and removed the rose colored glasses we just feel comfortable with one another. This is a very good feeling.

Julie said...

My hubby is gone for 4 days:( He is down in your neck of the woods. Hope it is warm there. He will arrive this evening. Have a great day.

Melli said...

Oh dear Sandy... well, let me tell you -- if you are feeling confused about this, know that HE is double confused! And this is because men, while difficult for US to figure out, really are fairly simple creatures. But WE are so much more complex and absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for them to figure out!!! But you are certainly right that the love changes. (thank you God!) None of us would survive if it didn't!

Unknown said...

I heard it was your birthday. I hope it's absolutely perfect,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Tuesday Flip Flop...Love Terry

gramma_s said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU ----- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HERE'S HOPING YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY AND A BLESSED ONE.

How far west are you planning to come?