Thursday, February 01, 2007



Friends....today that is going to be my focus!! I have always had to have friends in my life and with age it has only just increased...

My need for friends just seems to climb the older that I get too!!

When we moved here from Illinois almost 6 years ago that was my first biggest loss...friends. I felt like I was living on this big planet all ALONE. Sure my hubby was here and my darling daughter was living really close to me also...but no women my age!!

One of our neighbors came right over the same day and introduced herself. I cannot tell you how "happy" that made me but that first year was still a nightmare to me. I did a lot of crying that first year that a lot of people do not know about (course they do now)!! By now everyone knows that the neighbor was and is Tootsie. Between her and my getting involved in my church here in Savannah I have made myself get going and get involved!! You cannot sit around and feel sorry for yourself. God does not want that for his child!!

"Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are there."

Today I am thankful for the friends that have came into my life here in Savannah. This Saturday Tootsie and I are giving another one of our neighborhood parties. We are hoping to have a record turn out once again. We, together, are meeting more and more friends and gettting our neighborhood learn to know each other through our efforts!!! See why I am so thankful today???

"Alone we can do little, Together we can do so much"...Helen Keller

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! As we get older and our children have their own lives, we need to have friends that we can talk to and do things with. I'd say you have lots to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my wonderful family and the friends that I made through my whole life. And I am thankful for all my new found blogging friends. :)

Melli said...

I have found that my appreciation for "friends" has increased as I got older too. As a matter of fact, when I was young I was very "independent" and did not rely on friends much at all. But in my mid years now, I find that the commeraderie of gals my age has become very comforting! They seem to be the ones I LAUGH the most with! (not that my family is not entertaining - they are! - but it's just different with my friends...) And I'm SO glad that you and I have become friends! You are definately a cherished treasure in my life now!

Baba said...

Good Morning Sandy,
Friends come and go in our life,but we have great memories of ones in the past!! My friends have a special place in my heart!! For all of you ,I am thankful.
baba

Lazy Daisy said...

So glad you found your Cajan Cutie Tooties. God is good to "hook" us up. Hope your Event turns out well and is loads of fun. (I'm already anxious to see you and meet Annie!) Today is my Becky's birthday.

Peggy said...

friends are a wonderful gift and your friend tootsie sounds like a great gift!

DellaB said...

Hi Sandy,
I echo your sentiments exactly - having moved countries a few times, I've lost friends on a regular basis, a few I still have contact with, but it's not the same.

I see you have found the answer, I always said, if ever I find myself alone, all I need to do is join a club, something I am interested in, and then get onto the committee - never fails, getting involved!

Denise said...

Amen, so very true.

Nancy said...

I love your quote and what a treasure you have in your freind Tootsie. She is pretty lucky to have you too. Good luck with the get together.

Maggie Ann said...

You sound like such a wonderful friend and I'm sure you are. Your neighborhood get-together must be so much fun...and what a great outreach too.

Terry said...

Dear Sandy...I am thankful for you as a friend and thankful for the nice people I have met in the blogging world because of you.

You are always there for us at the click of a keyboard.

You are priceless!!

"Friendship is like a violin,
The music may stop now and then,
But the stings will last forever!!!"

Love Terry

eph2810 said...

Friends are indeed very important this side of heaven...I don't have anyone local anymore, but that is okay...

Thank you for sharing your gratitude toward your friends.

Blessings on your Friday and always...

Delete said...

Praise God that your women friends are making you feel more at home! I have also relocated to the south and with my husband and girls. The rest of my family is in CA. I know the women of my church welcomed me right away so now we feel like this is home even though we have only been here 2 years.

Jennfier