Thursday, April 23, 2009

WHAT A FAMILY!!


Brie, 19; Emily 17; Katie 15 and Ricky 9


Long time NO WRITE HERE!! OOPS!! Well I have thought about it..does that make it okay? We have had so much going on in our family that I just forget...Anyhoo...Here I am now!!

We have the best praise here in our family this week for those of you that i did not get around to letting know...My SIL Judy got her pathology report back Tuesday.She is clear of CANCER!! YES!! We are all so relieved not to mention how relieved Judy is!! She called me and talked for about 30 minutes..She said that she has not cried during this whole ordeal until the report came back and then she cried...Happy TEARS and out of sheer relief!! Now she has some things ahead of her but no radiation or chemo therapy. She is going to have to take that chemo pill but that will be nothing compared to what she might have had to go through. We are all so happy here in our family this week....

Our youngest grandson, Garrett lost both of us two upper teeth so he is lookin' pretty cute right now. I don't think they will be out long because you can already see the new ones coming in. He is such a cutie. One day he is going to be a heart breaker for sure!!

I also have some other good pictures of grandkids to share with you...I am a proud grandmother...so here goes:


This is our oldest grand, Brie, she is going to be 20 in May!!

Madison age 10 in her first ball game Tuesday night!!



This is Jenna, Madison and Garrett's half sister holding her
baby boy Gage. She lives in Maine so we
never get to see her!!

Well now you have been bored with the Flip Flop's Grands...that is the way it goes when you stop by here. Family is the most important thing in my life...These kids are who we will be leaving behind once God wants us to go home with HIM!! What a legacy!! We have wonderful grands with so many different talents and abilities that God has given to each and every one of them..from 20-8...what a family!!

FLIP FLOP
Thought for the day: "Having a place to go is a HOME; Having someone to love is a FAMILY!!"


11 comments:

Denise said...

I am anything but bored when I visit your blog sweetie. Your grandkids are true treasures.

Decadent Housewife said...

Thank you Lord for the good report of FlipFlop's sil. Thank you FlipFlop for sharing this with us.

Have a wonderful day.

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful photos of all the "grands" and grand they all sound. Yes, you are blessed. It will be a fabulous legacy.

I am rejoicing at the clear report for your SIL. God is good! I can imagine the tears of relief.

Lazy Daisy said...

So glad everything is good with Judy. Your grands are adorable all of them (not a lemon in the bunch!) Life has been rather hectic since coming home. (What else is new!) Miss you.

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Sandy, I am thrilled to hear that your SIL is free from cancer. What a mercy from God! We have been praying for her and concerned. Does she have to take the chemo pill... just for good measure I guess. I hope she doesn't get sick from it and that her recovery is going smoothly with no pain. Your grandchildren are delightful! I'm glad for your joy. You take care....we are off to visit our daughter and our precious only two little grandsons.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What fabulous news and BEAUTIFUL photos. God is good, the sun is shining, whoohoo! What a great day!

So, glad you are back posting! hugs!

Zaroga said...

I am never bored hearing of other's grandkids. A very nice post and beautiful grandchildren.

Baba said...

Good afternoon Sandy, the news about Judy is so wonderful, tears of joy are good tears!! All of our grands are growing up right before our eyes.I am cooking a beef roast for dinner tonight.I will leave my daughter Bonnie's house Saturday morning..I know that Fred will be thrilled!! See you soon. hugs, Barb

Melli said...

I am sOooo happy for Judy's news Sandy! That is wonderful & God is GOOD! All the time!

Garrett looks SO cute with his front teeth missing! We always called that the snaggletooth look! I love it! So Maddie has started softball, eh? That is GREAT! Is this her first year playing? Or just her first game THIS season? I hope she has fun!!! All your grands are getting so grown up... and Brie is really beauuutiful! Well, they all are!

Neenah is great & so is the Linna family! Mom is really enjoying them too!

Linda said...

I'm never bored reading your posts. I feel the same way about my grands.

Have a good weekend.

Carole Burant said...

When I read your news about Judy's biopsy results, it brought tears to my eyes because I can well imagine how absolutely relieved and thankful she is...as you all are! Wonderful news indeed!!

You have such beautiful grandkids and it's no wonder you're so proud of them! I love and enjoy hearing about your family so don't ever think it bores us!! xoxo