Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009





Our front door Welcomes you!!

Today is a rainy Valentine's day for us here in South Eastern Georgia but that is fine..We seem to always need rain and never do get enough. This ground is so sandy that even when we do get a lot it just seems to soak right in like a GREAT big sponge!!

Mikey has been very romantic these past couple of days and YES I really like it even after 45 years of marriage.

Yesterday I had to work from 3-7 pm at Curves (which was fun for a change)!! He came in and met me when I got off. We went to Ruby Tuesdays and had a great meal. I had talaphia (sp) but good fish!! Yummy!! Got my Omega 3's in for yesterday at least!! It is hard for me to eat out with this new food plan so i did just as good as I could. We came home and watched a good movie, "Night in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere (OHH) and Diane Lane ( a favorite actess of mine)!! It was very good and a good Valentine movie. Mikey said that he really did not want to watch it and just let me watch it!! I think he really liked it once he DID watch!! I thought it was very good but it is a kleenex movie!!

Then to top it all off this morning he wanted to take me out for breakfast for Valentine's Day!! Where did all of this come from??? Especially now with our money so tight!! He said that he could afford it and wanted to do this for me..Course I am a cheap breakfast date now because 200 calories is all that I can have this week for breakfast...I had bought him a couple of little boxes of chocolate and a nice card...He just wanted to make sure that i was not hungry!! Smile!! How sweet of him!! I was thrilled...

Our daughter here in Savannah got 2 dozen roses from her sweetie!! All different colors she says..wow!! Some guys just know what to do and how to do it!! Right?

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

I wanted to remind you to pray for our blogging friends in Australia. I have two there and have been in touch with both. The one that I was the most worried about..because she lives closer...wrote me an email that I want to share with you...

Sandy hello yes I am ok! my last post I have been updating with the details but I don't think I can go on with that now there are so many lost and even over a million animals lost.
I am so busy getting so much in the way of donations both money and goods it is over whelming at times but I know that I have to from day light to dark do my bit to pack them and get them up there so they can be of help straight away. a Salvo's truck comes each day to get the items so it is due in 2 hours so better go to work and get yesterdays ready.
THANK YOU! and every blogger out there for just being there.
Lee-ann

She is really upset with the devastation that is around her. She has not been posting much as you can see from just trying to help as much as she can. Lee-Ann is a sweetie that you should get to know if you do not know her already!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Flip Flop

Thought for the day: "I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. " ~Author Unknown


18 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I love you heart wreath! Your husband is a keeper! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

Deare Diary said...

Have a happy day.
Judy

Julie said...

happy valentines day.
I was wondering about that movie. Have been wanting to see it. So it is worth getting huh? I like those actors too.
Did you look at the pictures i sent u? Haven't heard from u yet.

Jane said...

What a wonderful Valentine's you have had! Hope the rest of your day is special too!

Betty said...

Ha, love your thought for the day. Sandy, you have the sweetest husband, aside from mine, of course, tee hee. However, I'm sure you are just as sweet to him.

Maggie Ann said...

Happy Valentine's Day friend! I enjoyed your post and yes, it is so sad about the devestating fires in Aus. So terrible I can't imagine it. I hope folks will turn to the Lord through all of sadness and need. Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, it sounds like your Valentine's Day is going great!!! We are going out to eat dinner and it is harder to plan and choose wisely!!
Enjoy your day with Mike..Hugs, Baba

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Sandy. Your Valentine's Day sounds very special indeed. Unfortunately, it's been spoilt for us here by the dreadful tragedy in Victoria.

Lee-ann is such a wonderful soul and it doesn't surprise me in the least that she is doing all she can to help. She lives in the same State where the bushfires were so she would be dreadfully upset, as the whole of Australia.

It is a tragedy of monumental size and we've never had to cope with anything like this before. But the whole of Australia is coming together to help the survivors rebuild their homes, their towns and their lives and it gives one such a lot of hope for society.

Thank you so much for your concern and care.

Denise said...

Bless you on Valentines Day, and always.

Susie said...

Hi Sandy,
Sounds like you've had some nice times with Mike!
Hope you two have a wonderful Valentine's Day
My heart breaks for Lee Ann and her country right now. Thanks for sharing her email.
xo

Linda said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Sounds like you have had a wonderful day.

Decadent Housewife said...

Happy Valentine's Flip Flop!

And thanks for mentioning again about the devastation in Australia. It so heartbreaking what has happened there.

Denise said...

Beautiful wreath......... and sounds like you had a good day.... Things here were nice and quiet and me and my DH ...... I had such a good time taking Mom her flowers and candy..........

Have a blessed Sunday

Anonymous said...

How sweet that your hubby wanted to treat you so special on Valentine's Day. Hope you had a nice one.

Hugs,
Chris

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, this all sounds like one terrific Valentine's weekend for you. How wonderful.

Susan said...

Awww...so romantic, Sandy! Mike's a great guy. I know you know that, though.

Sending big hugs your way...and thanks for the update.

:-) Susan

Lazy Daisy said...

awwww...that Mikey is a sweetheart. Glad you were adored by your man.Just posted about our weekend. It was fun. Miss you.

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a beautiful heart shaped wreath. You have such a sweet and thoughtful husband.