Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friday Show and Tell


Friday already and time for Friday SHOW AND TELL!! I always feel like I am back in grade school with my show and tell for today!! Standing up in front of the kids in the class and my teacher and holding my precious object to share!! In the digital age we just go to the computer and up comes the right picture for today!! Crazy world!!



This is my fostoria that I received for on my wedding day some 44 plus years ago. It must have been popular then..I don't remember...but I still have it. Probably not worth anything. You can tell the OLD color!! It was a popular color then.



In other news:

I received 3 awards from Denise over at Shortybears Place today!! I want to pass the along!!


Pick which ever one you would like to take back to your blog!! I am handing them out to:
Anni; Linda; Lee-Ann; Barb and Denise W...



I so loved the movie, "The Secret Life of Bees". If you get a chance to read the book by Sue Monk Kidd please read it or if you get to go to see it..do that too!! I would recommend doing both!! They stuck to the book really well...plus the actresses that they picked for this movie were excellent. They all gave a great performance. When a simple little movie comes out like this it never gets any RAVE reviews or anything like it deserves but i loved it...Take kleenex with you!! You will need it...Well worth your money and your time to go!! Let me know if you go.



I went to a new doctor today!! We have lived here almost 8 years and I have tried for all of these years to find a GOOD DOCTOR!! I have looked and looked. Finally I have found one right under my nose...at my church!! I went today and really am very very pleased. I am going to be going through some tests..blood; MRI and some other things. She is going to try to help me with this horrible pain in my hips...My ankles are starting to have the same problems and she believes that this is connected.

I received a flu and a pneumonia injection today!! So I am all pumped up with ...with...Oh well I don't know what with...but something!! I always get a flu shot but never had a pneumonia one before. She also wanted me to get a shingles injection. Hubby said he could find plenty of those..I said..NOPE I don't want them that is WHY you get the injection!! Crazy man!! MEN!!

I go this Monday for a fasting blood test. I am on Lyrica for my nerve pain to see if that will help me. She was very informative and very complete in her exam!! I am so happy for that!! Believe me!!

I will try to get around to everyone!! I have been a little lazy lately..mostly a little too much in pain is the main reason. Sure loving my bible study on Isaiah. We only have 2 weeks left and I am going to miss it like crazy!! We do not start back up until the beginning of 2009!! WOW!! I need to do some sort of study through that period. I see that Beth Moore has a new study out on "Esther" That would be a great one to do...

Have a great Friday and I will try to do the same...Love You all!!

FLIP FLOP
Thought for the day: "The best sermons are LIVED not PREACHED!!"

11 comments:

Denise said...

Hey sweetie, so glad you enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a good one. I hope this new doctor will be a blessing to you, love you my friend.

Melli said...

I want to do that Beth Moore "Esther" too! It looks like a good one! My group is "mixed" though - so I doubt we will do it there. I'll probably have to do it on my own... I hate that! I like the conversing about it!

So GLAD you enjoyed the movie! I'm going to see if Amanda wants to go see it with me. I know she hasn't read the book - but I think she would enjoy the story. (not much chance she'll find time to read a book these days!)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you finally found a doctor that you really like. The best doctor I ever had (or liked) was a woman as well. It was when I was pregnant with Ethan. But, she moved to a bigger and better hospital when Ethan was a couple of years old, so I had to find a different when.

She was the one who diagnoised my middle son with depression. What set her apart from any of the other doctors I've ever had is, a short time after that, she sent me a "thinking of you" card. A personal touch like that -- from a doctor? unheard of. I loved her so much.

Ethan has had shingles before. Very painful. At first I thought it was a bad case of poison ivy. But, when he was in so much pain with them, which I didn't remember his older brother suffering like that, I decided to have the doctor look at him. We learned all kinds of things about shingles. I hadn't ever heard of an injection for them, though. Flu shots, yes. But not for shingles. Interesting!

SmilingSally said...

Fostoria was made in Ohio (maybe it still is). I have some too; it's pretty.

I'm sharing some awards; stop by.

Puss-in-Boots said...

It's so hard to find a good doctor, isn't it Sandy? I hope this lady has the answers for you and that your pain is resolved soon. There's nothing worse than unremitting pain and the relief when it finally goes is indescribable.

Take care and good luck with your tests.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend!

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty Fostoria. The colors are all back in these days.

I am so glad that you have found a great doctor. It will make such a difference in how you will feel if they get to the bottom of all this.

I have to get my flu vaccine too. We have been very short on the shingles vaccine as no one has it out here. We are on a waiting list. I know so many people with shingle cases this year and they are NO fun.

Have a good weekend.

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey babe, so glad you enjoyed the movie...I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you. Sigh, I missed those days sneaking off to the movies with you.
I am so glad you like this doctor. I gotcha all prayed up. Tomorrow at 10 I'll be going solo to New York. You know I'll be prayed up. Miss you.

Linda said...

Fostoria started in Ohio but production moved to Moundsville, WV in the late 1800's and continued until the mid 1980's. You could check out prices on ebay. I'm sure lots of people are selling this collection. I have some blue glasses that I just couldn't part with.

Glad you found a doctor you trust. Let's pray she is able to get to the root of your pain.

Thanks for passing along the awards.

I'll be getting my flu shot next week. I get the pneumonia shots too, but not every year. I think they last 3-5 years.

Baba said...

Good evening Sandy, I hope you got some rest today, with all of the rain, it was a good day to stay in PJ's and in bed...I am happy that you have found a great doctor...things can now start looking up for your recovery...I posted one of your awards on my site...thanks. Hugs, Barb

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Sandy...Finding a doctor you can trust and feel good about is most important. They're few and far between these days. Happy to hear you found one that's right for you. [And you say "she"...they're the best kind if you ask me. Why? I don't know.]

Hope the pain subsides for you soon tho. It sounds nasty.

Love the fact that you're 'pumped'!!! [kidding! ---you know me.]

Thanks for the award dear lady. You know, if no one has told you lately, I will....you're a super lady yourself y'know!!!