Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Show and Tell and other things!!


Good Morning!!! Friday is here!! Time to play Friday's Show and Tell!! Do you have something around your home that you would like to show us? This is what some of us do on Fridays!! If you want to join our fun just go to Kelly's House and sign in!!

Today after walking around my house I am going to share these things with you:


This is just one of the old paper fans that I have collected over the years!! I have always loved fans!! Don't know why. I remember having to use fans when I was little in church!! When you walked in the door they just handed you one!! Thank the Good Lord for air conditioning!!

Another thing that I LOVE and have way too many of is African Violets!! I love these mostly because my great grandmother had a table just full of them. She had a light in the middle of the table and they just seemed to love living there with that light. I had the lamp for a long time and somewhere i have lost it. But today I keep all of mine in the corner on an old old table with a big light behind them. They seem to like it there. I have always LOVED plants!! They are just fun to watch grow. When I was younger seems like I had a lot more. I used to water them and talk to them. Hubby would say I was nuts but they always grew and bloomed.....

Speaking of Plants:
I bought this at Big lots and I bought two little guys!! Now they have been put together and they are just going nuts in this bathroom window!! I love IVY!!

This is an odd one!! We found these air plants when we were in Florida one year!! They just live in these marbles that I have in a crystal vase. Once a week i put them in a bowl of water for about an hour and then just continue to grow. Funny things but again another fun plant to just watch....

Hope you have enjoyed my Show and Tell today!! I will be around to see everyone great things from their home. I think this is a FUN idea. Helps me to catalog the things in my home...

Have a great Friday!!

Flip Flop
Thought for the day: "Why did the cookie cry? because its mommy had been a wafer so long." Something different for today!! smile

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

Love your plants. I remember using fans in church too. Seems like I heard that mortuaries gave them to churches. I'm so thankful for air conditioning too.

Anonymous said...

Your plants are so healthy!
You have a green thumb.
Diane

Susan said...

We love plants, too. That's a beautiful cut glass bowl!!
Susan

Linda said...

I use to have lots of life plants but they died one by one. I'm down to 2, one of which has been around for about 20 years.

Have a good weekend.

Jane said...

I enjoyed your 'show and tell'. I love African violets too. I used to have about 10 of them many years ago. But when we moved they did not like their new home and they all died!! I have not had any success with them since.
You asked where I got my 'pirate' picture...I use a free service called
"InMagine". You can Google it. You can join for free and it is a great place to find all kinds of pictures and illustrations.

Talk..to..Grams said...

You are like my Mom, she did so good with her violets! She had a few of them and they were so pretty. I don't do as good. Love, Grams

Denise said...

I am an African Violet lover toooooooo I rescue them from Wal-Mart and bring them home and love them back to life........ I had a wonderful African Violet table many years ago but somehow it was lost in a move... BUT..... I have some in my West kitchen window and some in my West family room ! I love love them......... YEAH............

I so enjoyed your Show and Tell... !!!!! Have a great weekend......

Missy Wertz said...

Looks like both of your thumbs are green!

Baba said...

Good morning Sandy, I do not have a green thumb like you...I over or under water them. I have got to get dressed and go to Curves this morning..have a good week-end. Barb

Susan said...

I love the fan, Sandy! It's so unique!

I am such a brown thumb, but have a real admiration for people who CAN grow plants!

Thanks for sharing.

:-) Susan

Heart of Rachel said...

Not many churches here have air conditioning so I always bring a fan to church.

Those are lovely house plants.

Betty said...

I remember those fans in church. That's all we had way back then.

I enjoyed seeing your plants. It seems you really have a green thumb. I love African Violets, too, but I always thought they had to have the morning sun. I didn't know you could place a lamp near them, and they would thrive that way. That's nice to know.

Kelli said...

Your African Violet is so pretty and I used to collect paper fans when I was little!
~Kelli