Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Fun


Biscuit just wants to play!!


Just an ordinary day for a few hours anyway!! Exercising and all of that!! But then Becky calls and wonders if I would like to take a trip with them out to Bloomingdale!!

Becky had a patient that had told her to come out and see their farm. They have horses and about 800 acres. They do birthday parties for kids. Becky wanted to go and see what it was like. Our Maddie is going to be 10 very soon!! She was looking for something different to do!!


The bunk house

It took us around 20-25 minutes to get out to the ranch. We had to go down a dirt road with the most beautiful trees overhanging the road!! I just love that!! Remember I Love TREES!!


The long dirt road to the farm

We finally found the ranch!! So pretty out there. A most beautiful dog named Biscuit greeted us. She was wagging her tail and just loving company!! They have 2 cats and Biscuit loved playing with the cats. The cats were not too happy with that though.


Biscuit and Becky doing some lovin'

We walked around to see the place where you could have the party. Very nice and looked like a lot of fun!! Beautiful..Quiet!! I loved that. They also have a place for campers too!! Hint hint!!

We got to meet Shamrock!! She is in the St. Patty's Day parade everyday and they really doll her up!! She wears glasses and is green!!

Meeting Shamrock the gentle lady

We got to give her cookies and the kids loved it all of course!! Very gentle and very happy to see anyone that was going to feed her. I fed her too. I have never been around horses much but she was very sweet!

Brandy holding cookies behind her back and waiting for a kiss

Garrett and Maddie were running around getting the cats and loving on them. They had worn flip flops which was not the right shoe for a farm but they soon learned.

Garrett in his element with a cat and Biscuit trying to butt in

We did have fun and it was great just to get out and see new country around here. I know there is so much of Georgia that I have never seen and probably never will see. I want very badly to go to North Georgia in October or November but who knows may not make it!!

We stopped at McDonalds to get something to drink after our visit!! It was around 90 degrees. Garrett decided to drink his water and his milkshake all at the same time!! What a boy!!


It takes two straws for Garrett

Hope ya'll had a great day like I did. I have veggie soup simmering on the stove...I know it is in the 90's here but it just sounded good for a change!! Soup is soup no matter what the weather!

Flip Flop
Thought for the day: "Nothing ever dies that is remembered!"


16 comments:

Baba said...

Good evening Sandy, what a fun day you had with your family..the road to the farm looks great with the trees lining the way ... I love when trees hang over the road or a street....Garrett and Maddie are too cute , no wonder you always have a good time around them...Our granddaughter named Maddie will turn 9 years old this Sunday coming up..she lives in Savannah with her dad, our son Johnny...

I love the rain storm we are having right now... Fred and I just got back from Cracker-barrel.. I love the grilled chicken tenders....

Have a cozy night...talk later,
hugs, Barb

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

The farm looks like a grand place to have a birthday party. Sounds like you had a good day with the grands. My Mom always loved soup and made really good Veggie soup--thanks for that memory.

Melli said...

Oh BOY! You guys really had some fun today! Nobody got to RIDE a horse? I'm amazed! Looks like it was still great fun -- does Maddie want her birthday there? I suspect it's not that QUIET with a party goin' on! LOL!

We DID have a fun day today -- we went back to the Butterfly garden and took Amanda & Luz! It was great fun! Luz did LOVE seeing all the butterflies - but her attention span is pretty short - and she is pretty active! So she actually ended up enjoying the outside gardens even more! It was a GREAT day! (a little hotter than the last time we were there though...)

Monkey Giggles said...

How fun....I am a bit jealous...

I did learn how to do stain glass today. That was petty exciting for me.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

What a great place! Mary would love it! I think Garrett just loves to ham it up for you! lol Too Cute!

Technonana said...

Sandy... I have Windows Live Writer!! It's a great program because it allows me to do things that other programs don't. But it is also frustrating to me right now because I signed up for my blog through another account from the one I am now using, so some things that should be easy to do, aren't!!

Linda said...

This looks like a great place for a birthday party. But, why is pin the tail on the donkey and birthday cake not good enough for kids today?

I'm sitting here patiently waiting for the rain. It was cloudy yesterday so I thought we may actually get rain. NOT! Today the sun is out and it's hot. Maybe tomorrow.

Talk..to..Grams said...

The trees are beautiful! It looks like that would be a great place to have a party! Or camp! Blessings, Grams

Unknown said...

I do remember you! Great to see you again...

That farm looks wonderful! I spent some of my childhood on a farm, and I am a real country girl - love horses!! Had 3 of my own a few years back, but they cost so much to feed in a draught...

Hootin Anni said...

Good afternoon dear Sandy!!! Looks like this was so much fun for all.

Your veggie soup sounds delish!!! We're having veggie lasagna for tonight.

And yes, you and me both, I love soup, period! No matter when or what the weather is like.

Hope your Tuesday evening treats you well.

Lazy Daisy said...

What fun....I love the name Biscuit for a dog. Do you think Miss Maddie will have her birthday party there. Miss you.

Kathy said...

Hello, I'm just out blog hopping this evening and came across your blog. I enjoyed riding along to your trip to the ranch. Sounds like a great place to go camping.
Thank you for sharing the trip.

Denise said...

I love that road with those trees.... Takes me back to a long road in England that we traveled many times......... and a great place for a Birthday party! Seems that you had a wonderful day..... good for you!

Betty said...

Oh my, Sandy, that looks like the kind of place I like visiting with the way I love to be around horses. I really enjoyed the pictures. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Puss-in-Boots said...

I love horses and farms. My ex and I were on a farm for the first 10 years of our marriage. It was a wonderful life and the girls loved it. We had three cats, two dogs, a pony, a couple of lambs and two calves as pets. Feed time was pretty busy!