Friday, June 20, 2008

Fantastic Friday!!


Appetizer

If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

I would not want to do that ever but I guess I would pick Europe!! I love my America too much to leave it even for a year!!

Soup

Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

Mozilla Firefox ONLY!!

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

About a 5 I guess. I used to love this subject but I have been away from it a long time. I do love reading books about the founding and settling of our great Country!!

Main Course

Finish this sentence: Love is…The best thing in my life my husband!!

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado?

I have been in several tornadoes back in Illinois and I never want to be in one ever again!! They are very very scary!!




In other News...

Today I have had the kids again most all day!! They are very good but just seems like they need to be entertained all of the time.

Today we made a present for Great Grandpa Dale's upcoming 90th birthday!! We have them framed and ready for August!!

We went to the dollar store, the bank and did some other running around!! Got a DVD at Blockbusters!! Wow!! I have not rented one for a long time and I think this is about my first and last time. We get netflix and the price of ONE DVD at the store is stupidity!! The kids enjoyed watching Robin Hood but boy I don't think it was worth that MUCH money!!

We stopped at Sonic and ate outside!! Now we are at home and they are back to picking on each other. Garrett just kicked Madison in the nose so had to get a cold rag for that!! He said it was an accident!! SURE!! KIDS!!

Right before the kick in the nose

Hope your day is going well. My dining room is all back together now and waiting for the time to get paint for our bedroom....I do like to paint I have found out. It makes things look so good.

We had rain yesterday afternoon!! I know for some of you that is not a new thing but for us it is just wonderful!! I was so happy to see it rain...to smell the rain and to hear thunder!! We need so much. What we got just soaked right into this red sandy soil of ours.

Off to do whatever now. Daddy should be coming for kids soon!! Then I will rest!!

FLIP FLOP

Thought for the day: "You think that you could not love your children anymore than you do--then tomorrow comes."






5 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, how true that kids do not know how to entertain themselves now days...that goes for my grands also...we grew up being outside kids and playing on our own..I am having a quiet day... hugs, Barb

Carole Burant said...

Hi Sandy:-)

Like you, I only use Mozilla Firefox to surf the internet...can't be bothered with Internet Explorer! I can't even imagine how terrifying it must be to experience a tornado...I've only seen the damage it can do and I hope to never be in one myself!!

Great to hear that you're finally getting some much needed rain. It's been raining here all week so I'm hoping it stops soon!

Kids are too darn spoiled these days, they don't know how to entertain themselves! My little 9 year old next door neighbour is the same way, can never play by herself, even wants me to play Barbies with her! lol xoxo

Melli said...

But Gma! They look so INNOCENT! I'm suuuure it was an accident! *g*

I leave tomorrow morning! I'll be gone all week! NO BLOGGING for me!!! Be good! I'll stop in when I get back! You're in my prayers...

Denise said...

I enjoyed your feast.

Betty said...

Sandy, I enjoyed reading your Friday's Feast. I'm not much of a history buff. I have been in one tornado and, like you, I don't ever want to be in another one.

Your grandkids are cute. I can understand how they get on your nerves at times. My two little grandsons will pick at each other until one or the other or both gets mad and on and on it goes.

Have a good weekend