Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Feast



Appetizer

Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?

Way back when...I was a bank teller at a very small bank in a very small community. I came into work early. We had a drive up window with a microphone (of course). I knew a friend of mine walked in the mornings.

On this particular day I looked out the drive up and saw her walking down the street coming toward the bank. I put my hand over the microphone and said as deeply as I could, "Peggy this is GOD!!" Her expression was one to die for!! She looked up and all around thinking that she had heard God!! Then she looked forward and saw me at the drive up!! It truly got her....smile!!

Soup

What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

Just salt and pepper shakers...One set is blue and white and the other is just a plain white!! Hm..what a question!!

Salad

Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?

WE are leaving here on the 1st of March and going back to Illinois to visit with my parents for a couple of days. Then we are leaving to go to see our daughter and her family for a few days. My honey and her hubby will be putting in a kitchen for our daughter. We also will be bringing our 18 year old granddaughter home with us for a week to visit.

Main Course

What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?

Every kind!! I try and try to find a good one!! I like the last one that i got for Christmas from Clinique. It is too expensive to buy again but i am enjoying while i can. I also like Bath and Body Works Jasmine.

Dessert

Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name

Well lets see it has to have chocolate in it...that for sure!! Caramal too that another for sure...I am not much for cooking or baking. I am the box kind of person. This is not a great question for me...so I guess just a good old chocolate cake with Caramel icing would be great for me.
Sandy's Caramel chocolate cake!! What a dumb answer that was!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I use good old fashioned Jergens and love it for my hands, but I also use the Aveeno lotion sometimes and love that.

Your dessert sounds wonderful. I could use some today.

:-) susan

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, I buy and use all kinds of lotion trying to find one I love... no luck yet.I just got back from Curves and have not posted for today.Like Susan, my mom has used Jergens lotion for 70 years or more, and her hands are so soft.

I may not see you before your trip..I will leave my daughter's next Friday to head back home.What a sad day this will be for her and me....
Take care and have a safe and fun trip. hugs, Barb

Melli said...

OH LOL! Your practical joke sure made ME smile!!! That is soooooo funny!

Melli said...

Oh... by the way - you should try Aveeno Daily Moisurizing Lotion (it has the green band) - it is the BEST lotion I have EVER tried! I LOVE it!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your feast.

Anonymous said...

Ok so you like Chocolate cake with caramel icing. I will make sure we have one when you get here in march. I like it too, but we always had it with 7 min white icing when we were kids at home. Mom would make it and all us kids would get into it and was lucky if there was any left for dinner that night, after she worked hard all doing fixing everyones hair. Poor Mom, did not have a chance, too many kids were around our place all the time, but she knew where we were back then. Ok I promise to have one and i will, can hardly wait to see you again. LOve & have fun be careful on your trip. Love Mother & Dad