Monday, November 05, 2007





Tis Monday again!! YEAP, time to start off another new week!! What a blessing to be able to say that!! I am off to work this afternoon!! These next few weeks are going to be busy, busy, busy for us at CURVES!! Our club has been chosen to have the new CURVES SMART equipment. This week we have to take each member and show them the new program. They have to decide whether they want to join it NOW or stay as they have always been doing. The advantage to changing is the savings now and of course the new technology!! I am so looking forward to it since i have been so STUCK !! I have not lost for so long now and i need to get this body in gear again!! I feel that this is going to help "Jump Start" my losing again!!

Over the weekend I was talking to a woman about the old telephones!! I was wondering just how many of you remember the big box phones that hung on the wall with a place to speak into and then the receiver that was round and you put it up to your ear? I remember that really well. You could pick up the receiver and IF you did it quietly you could listen in on all the conversations...PARTY LINE...remember those. On this phone you had to learn to ring the crank 1 short or 2 longs or whatever your number was that you were trying to get hold of!! From that we went to the shorter party lines where there were only a couple of so. Then with the old phone it was about your whole neighborhood! WE were farmers and lived in the middle of the country.

This is a great memory of mine!! When i got older we moved into a different house in the country. By this time we had the more MODERN phones with only 2-3 on a party line. Party lines were cheaper of course so that is why my parents had one. You paid quite a bit more for the private lines!! One of my neighbors from high school was on my party line. Another girl from a different party line would call me and then my neighbor would pick up. We would do our bookkeeping on the phone!! BUT the problem arose when the next day at school....we were all 3 wrong!! OOPS!! Finally our teacher caught on to what we were doing. Never underestimate the power of an all knowing teacher!! Smile!! I still hate bookkeeping and anything that has to do with numbers!! UCK!!!

Hope this day brings you much happiness and JOY!! The weather here is just beautiful!! Not a cloud in the sky (My husband has been saying that for the past 3 days now)!!! Wish that it would stay this way.

Oh, Simon, our wetting cat is on yet another medication!! This is the final one...no more to try!! This one goes in his ears!! You know the fun that I am having!!

9 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Sandy, I am still sitting at my computer trying to think of something to post about today...I need to get out of my house and get moving!!!I need the sunshine to make me feel better..... I will be at curves later today...see you then, Barb

Julie said...

hope Simon is feeling better. Poor kitty.:( Everything settling down here-for the time being right?:P

Linda said...

I have one of those old wall phones. Mine came out of the farm house where Daddy was born. I plan to pass it down to my son.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi, Yes I do remember the old wall phone and central asked who you wanted!! and short rings and long rings!! We lived on a farm,too. The first phone I remember was like the one in the picture... We didn't get a newer kind until the early "50"! It was still a party line.... In fact it was in the late "60" before we had a private line.... You sure brought back some memories!!

Denise said...

Hope simon starts feeling better.

Maggie Ann said...

I don't remember those phones...only on old movies...smile.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hah. I remember those. We had them on the farm and our party line number was 64R...now how about that...I can remember the number. Wow! What a great piece of reminiscence.

Melli said...

I'm discouraged. You posted this at almost 11 o'clock yesterday morning and it didn't show up on my Google Reader until THIS morning! Sheeeesh!

I gotta tell ya babe... you put the separation in our ages today!!! I do NOT remember these old phones. By the time I came into the picture we had one of the old black rotary dial phones - and everyone had a number - preceded by two letters! Mine was WO6-1548! I DO remember that! My very first phone number! It WAS a party line phone... so I do remember that! But we were NOT allowed to listen in! OH NO! That was BIG trouble if we got caught doing that! Luckily for me, I was too little... and party lines disappeared by the time I got old enough to get TOO mischievous with them! But boy! CRANK calls sure were fun!!! LOL!

lillinda said...

We had one of those heavy black rotary phones. Boy those things musta been made outa lead ! My sister pulled ours off the table and it hit me right on the top of my foot. Boy did that hurt. Never forgot it (but I did forgive her!)
Lillinda