Sunday, August 26, 2007





Good afternoon/Almost Good Evening ya'll!! It has been a wild and fast moving Sunday around the FLIP FLOP FLOOZIE HOUSEHOLD this here Sunday!!

We tried to sleep in but that did not work...We had a comitment to go help my new boss Kim at CURVES this morning at 11:00. We earned ourselves a new machine!! BUT as a surprise we also have another one...We earned the PEC DEC and Kim found us the Dip Shrug. Our members are going to be QUITE surprised when they come in the morning!! Our hubbies came to help carry in the machines and get them in place. WE scooted and shoved things around and cleaned them up!! I think that we have the cleanest CURVES around!! We are always cleaning SOMETHING!! We treat our place like if it were our home, I guess.

Our daughter, Becky stopped by with her daughter, Maddie. My hubby was trying out the machines. Shoot I should have taken pictures!! I just missed a wonderful photo op didn't I??

After we were through we went and ate with Becky and Maddie at the food court!! They went shopping. We went to Krogers buy some of that expensive Golden COWS MILK. We are now paying $4.00 a gallon here!! What are you paying in your part of the country!!?? I just cannot get over this!! MAN!! I am so glad that I do not have a family to have to feed right now!! Just me that really loves milk!!

We went back to the car and well it would not start!! GREAT!! It is blazing hot, we have a very small amount of groceries and car is not starting!! WE call Becky for her to come and help. In the meantime, a nice young couple pull up next to us and we ask if he can help us. We get the car going and head toward home. LONG STORY...NEW BATTERY!!

ALWAYS something you know..SMILE SMILE!!...or CRY CRY!!

I have been cleaning up the cabinets in the kitchen..rearranging!! WHAT a mess!! I am finally stopped!! I called my parents to make sure all is okay with them!! Now it is time to just stop!! I am tired and ready to just quit for the day!! I hope your day has been a good one!!

The work week is right around the corner once again!! Mine is full with great opportunities this week. More watching the grands, working at CURVES, Doctor's appt this week (physical), and well whatever else goes on. My boss's daughter is to have her baby this week so I may end up working more than scheduled!! I am being "thrown into the fire"....but am learning!! So far all is going well for an old 62 year old learning a NEW JOB!! Remember about OLD BRAINS!! WHEW!!

Blessing on all of my blogging friends..

FLIP FLOP Happy at Home!!!

12 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! sandy your day sounds Busy but being with your dear one is such a lovely way to spend a moment don't you think even if it is sitting in a hot car waiting for help :)

Sandy tell me a little about this "golden milk" what is it? why is it so expensive?

Now you have a great week with your new job, and thank you for the comments you left on my award post. I smiled when you mentioned trying to give me awards.......My husband has a saying that goes like this....

"Lee-ann you run around like a chook (chicken) with it head cut off" in other words, I am not sure what I am doing and miss so much in the rushing!! so I am so! so! sorry if I missed something from you dear friend. But I do not need an award to know if we lived around the corner from each other we would be good friends.

Lee-ann

Connie Barris said...

whew... girl..I have to laugh at the little golden cow...too funny...

now the rest of the day... did you miss the part of "rest"...because you just wore me out reading this...

Take a nap.. rest..ahhhhh , sip on some nice ice tea...

that is probably why I don't get anything done.. and whine about it during the week... LOL

hope the week at work goes well, sounds like you are enjoying it..

love to you

GAB said...

whew thats alot of work on a Sunday morning. Soooooo I have a question for you...yes I know you all are in a different state ect ect but...........
Question..Does Curves have a program for someone who has a back injury? I really really need to lose weight and have tried weight watchers but havent done so well there. I asked here but no one would call me back. You can go to my blog and get my email if you wish to answer that way and thanks in advance

Baba said...

I have always heard that Sunday is the day to "Rest".....Not so for you.I have used both of these machines at a Curves in Atlanta.Way to go Savannah!!!!Sandy the way to learn is to be turned loose and do it.You will do great and I will see you one day this week at Curves.
Will Kim be gone long when her daughter has her baby?? You could be a rich lady , working all this extra time.Get a good night's sleep. Barb

Linda said...

Sunday's must be the day for car problems with bloggers. Last Sunday I pulled into Rite Aid and a man called out to me that I had a flat. Fortunately, all it needed was air, but it flat.

You have had a busy day. I've been a vegetable alll daaay.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Sandy, I have a name plate meme over at my blog for you!! Do it when ever you can!! I didn't do mine, Karen did!!! There is no way I could have done this!!! Love You!! Carolyn

Denise said...

Wow, what a busy little bee you are.

Peggy said...

if you were only closer I would give you some goats milk and you would never want that expensive cows milk again. Have a great week.

Melli said...

ROFL! Ohhhh, I SURE wish you had taken pictures of Mike on that equipment!!! I would have had to get copies to share at MY Curves! WoW! TWO new machines in one weekend?! Your members ARE going to be amazed! And you guys are going to be BUSY playing Show & Tell! The Dip/Shrug is the one I don't use - it pinches a nerve in my neck! I do it when I'm showing new members the circuit - but I don't do it in my workout! We keep our Curves immaculate too... but we hear from our members that the other ones in the county do not follow suit! And a clean gym is IMPORTANT to people!!! I'm glad yours is!

I'm so glad your car trouble was just a battery! If something has to go wrong, that IS about the cheapest thing!!!

Well... I'm off to work NOW! Right this minute! Have a GREAT day, my friend!!!

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Babe, I wondered what happened to you...I was hoping you were on a relaxing vacation...should have known you were working! ha!

I have Physical Therapy today and then an appointment to get my "race brace".

Miss you. Glad you are enjoying being a Curves Lady.

Anonymous said...

Hi flipflopfloozie! I'm new here. Saw your comment over at Hootin' Anni's and HAD to come take a peek. What a lovely site you have!! I can't wait to start digging around in your archives.
My daughter is starting at SCAD next week. She is terrified!!! I'll be driving her up next week and can't wait to see the town. (Mostly, we'll be seeing the college).
I've told her that Savannah is a good place full of wonderful people. I wasn't lying was I?

Susan said...

My goodness...you HAVE been busy busy busy. In fact I found myself take a breath at the end of this post! Hope you're doing OK...I may have to cancel my trip to see you guys in October. There is a HUGE meeting over two days here in our district that I am expected to attend. I'll let you know.

Hugs to you.

:-) Susan