Sunday, April 15, 2007

BETH MOORE CONFERENCE....I'M BACK.....
Yes, I am back and I am tired!! I wanted to use today's Sunday Seven to tell you about our great two days get away to Columbia, South Carolina to see Beth Moore!! We had a GREAT, Tired, but an eventful time.

1. My friend Betty that has lung cancer got to come!! When I arrived at the church to get on the buses she was standing there with everyone else. I had just visited her at her apt the day before and told her that I had "wished" she could go.. and there she was standing right in front of me!! Great Blessing..Made my day!!

2. We had the best bus of the two with great ladies riding in it!! I got to know several new women whom I will remember for a long time. This is one of the best parts of going to these get aways is making NEW friends and ya'll know how much I LOVE making new friends!!
3. We got to the first nights conference on time and settled in at our motel in time to run across the highway to a mall and find a bargain on a purse!! Never a better to time to find a bargain. shopping thearpy

4. Our first night at the conference was filled with a message from Beth herself about Rejoicing from James 1. She taught us 4 points from James 1: 1-12...

a. Each of us gets one mortal life
b. each one life is marked by multiple seasons
c. each season is colored by different trials
d. For believers every trial is assigned divine tasks.

5. The praise band was wonderful and we sang our hearts out!! I love, love, love to sing so I was in heaven right here on earth.

6. We got lost going back to the motel and did not make it to bed until probably midnight without anything to eat!! We had eaten mostly granola bars and things like that we had brought into the conference. The food AT the conference was so expensive and the lines were so long. Did I mention that there were 17,000 women there? It was fun just to stand and look at every woman and think that God in all his glory has made so many many women all looking so different. So many sizes, shapes and yet we are all made by the SAME GOD!!! What a revelation to me!!

7. Next day after Beth spoke again we left around 1:00 and immediately sought out someplace to eat!! WE had not eaten "real food" since Friday around noon time. Needless to say, we were all pretty starved. We had a great 2 days with much praying, singing and praising our God. What more can you ask for...Oh and being with so many other great women that all believe the same way!! God is Good you know.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandy, I'm so thrilled that you got to go. What a blessing. I would love to see her in person...I guess I will when we get to Heaven.

Have a wonderful evening.

Carole Burant said...

Welcome back:-) Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all...17,000 women..wow! What a shame you girls starved there for a while! lol Glad you were finally able to get some food in you! xox

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad you got to go.
I hope you didn't have any real bad weather today. I thought about you when I heard the weather forecast!

Baba said...

Sandy,.....Welcome home....Your weekend was amazing and so was mine.Did you go see the Roberts?You and Melli have inspired me to make a big change in my life.Read my post for Sunday. See you soon. Baba

Melli said...

WELCOME HOME!!! I knew you would have a fabulous time! That is great!
The food part is a bit scary - I would have had a hypoglycemic event for SURE long before we got to real food! I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever DO get to one of these things!

DO get over to read Baba's blog! Her news is SO exciting!!!

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Babe, glad that you are back and that your friend Betty got to go. What a wonderful surprise. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. Glad you are back home safe and sound.

Miss you!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Sandy. Glad to know that you had a wonderful time at the conference. I'm glad that you spent valuable time with old and new friends. It always feels great to go home knowing you have gained new friends.