Friday, October 20, 2006




MY MIDDLE NAME IS PUMPKIN!!

I sometimes think during this season that my middle name is "pumpkin". I just love anything made with it...pies, cakes, cookies, just about anything!! I see those big round orange beauties at the store and wish that were not so expensive. I finally found that you can buy those cute ones at the craft stores that look "so real" and they last year after year!!

I have a really good recipe for a good Pumpkin Cake that I baked a week ago for our small group that meets at our home every Sunday evening. I thought I would share it if anyone is interested in baking a good cake... so here goes: ( all the calories are left out)

PUMPKIN CAKE
1 Box of Spice Cake Mix or if you can find a box cake mix of Applesauce Cake mix
1 3/4 cups of Delmonte Pumpkin Pie Mix
3 eggs
1/2 c. water

Mix all of these ingredients together in a mixer. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 cake pan. Bake from 30-35 minutes. Serve with cool whip!! Yummy!!

I have had this recipe since 1970!! To some of you this is before the beginning of TIME!! That even sounds pretty old to me too!!

I was even reading in the Prevention magazine that pumpkin has five different carotenoids (has Vitamin A and other good stuffs)!! These are compounds that protect against heart disease and cancer. That sounds good to me!!

I also found that International Coffee has a great creamer called Pumpkin Pie Spice...It is quite Yummy too in coffee...Try it, I am afraid you will like it.

Well, have a good night!! I am going to be BUSY, BUSY tomorrow with our ladies neighborhood get together. So far we have 13 women coming!! We handed out invitations and Tootsie and I had to end up calling everyone!! You know people have forgotten how to respond to RSVP!! I don't think their mothers taught them what that means....I really think everyone is too busy to let anyone know anymore!! It is just a shame!!

Have a great weekend...

Flip Flop signing OFF!!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin hah? We don't have that so much over here. I did taste pumpkin pie out somewhere when we were in the U.S. It was good, but my favorite is cheesecake.... *lol*

Hope your weekend is going to be fabulous :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe for the pumpkin cake and I promise I will make it probably for Thanksgiving when Jon comes over from CA. tonight I am going to make some grahan cracker cookies, maybe you would like that recipe, it is ver good and thought they might be nice to take to DJ's party tomorrow night over in SCW. Anyway, miss you and love your blogs. mother & dad

on the Rock said...

I love your neighborhood ladies get togethers! It's a great idea!
The main pumpkin things I like are pumpkin soup and candied pumpkins.

Glo said...

Thanks for the recipe....It sound yummy. Love your blog,I'll be back by. Have a great weekend and God bless.
I'm 63 and also a Pieces.....Mar 4th

Melli said...

Well, you know I LOVE pumpkin too! I'm going to have to try your cake... I'll save it for Halloween maybe! I need an excuse to down that many calories! LOL!
Have you tried the pumpkin oatmeal yet? OH! And I tried that pumpkin spice creamer too - last year! That IS GOOOOOOD stuff! I'll have to get some of that again too! I made pumpkin soup last weekend! Still have some in the freezer.... YUM!

Terry said...

Dear Flip Flop...That sounds like a scrumptious recipe. Maybe if he is a good boy, I will make Bernie one.
THIS means that I guess I won't be baking him one. He is a BAD boy!!..Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Dear Flip Flop,

I came across your blog while doing a search for an applesauce pumpkin cake recipe. I think you may have the exact one that I lost! And yes, it is soooooo yummy.

Mine was a recipe variation on a box of applesauce cake mix. This was back sometime in the early '70s. Now I can't find the cake mix in the stores here in Southern CA...not that I even remember the brand. Is the spice cake mix pretty close? Do you have a brand that you would recommend?

Admittedly, I don't bake much (if I did I would eat it and I really don't need that!). But every fall I get a hankering for this cake - and now I can use the power of the Internet. I was resigned to experimenting with an applesauce cake recipe by adding pumpkin and adjusting the other ingredients...but I really would be flying blind with that.

Your blog is a kick...you sound like a great person and a wonderful grandmother!

Thanks for any help you can offer and I hope your holiday season has been fabulous!

Tricia

celtic.wolf@sbcglobal.net