Saturday, August 19, 2006



NEIGHBORHOOD LADIES LUNCH
IS OVER NOW!!!


It is mid afternoon now and our lunch is over at least for this time!! Now I can relax and take a breather until the next one comes around probably in October. (I am not in this picture)

We had about 10 ladies show up and we had planned on from 12-15. We had lots of food left over. Guess we could have invited all of you out there in blogland!! You never know how many to plan for when people do not RSVP or somehow let you know. I even called a few yesterday afternoon...left messages on answering machines and everything. I only received one call from my efforts. Well, they just do not know what they missed...Right?

Tootsie and I put in an old black and white comedy VHS so that it would be running when people came. We both had a blast watching I Love Lucy and George Burns and Gracie Allen and some other really fun people. They were just plain funny with no nasty words just funny!! We laughed and had a good time waiting for everyone to come. The ladies waited until the last minute. Those that said they were coming...never showed up. You know I think that people just forget...what do you do give them invitations the day before!!! DUH!!!

We finally got some ladies...We played some games...won some prizes. Introduced ourselves...told some things about ourselves. Soon it came time to eat. We had sandwiches, chips, vegies, a big fruit plates, some yummy zuchinni bread and a cake with a movie reel on it!! Everyone enjoyed lunch!!

We had a drawing for a door prize!! My next door neighbor won that gift!! We are planning on meeting again in October. One of the ladies offered her home. GREAT...now I do not have to have it here again..sigh!! I still have to do the invitations and the games. I can handle that. I bet I never shared my invitations that I made with everyone....Here they are. Remember the theme (Tootsie always has to have a THEME) it was black and white movies and TV...They are always fun to create and make.

Now everyone is gone and my house is back to quiet. My hubby has not made it home quite yet. He worked so he could get away from a house of women!! Probably a good idea!! He went to a prayer breakfast this morning where the topic was...Now get this...."What men should know about women!"....What a loaded subject!! I may have to tell you more about that one LATER!!

Have a great weekend...soon I will be getting ready to head off to church!! Weekend is going to fly once again. August is quickly leaving us!!

FLIP FLOP FLOOZIE signing off here!!


5 comments:

Melli said...

Ohhhhh Sandy! It sounds like you guys had a fabulous time! And I bet the neighbors that DID come will be talking to the ones that didn't make it - and I bet there are even MORE at the next one! It's GREAT that someone else offered to HOST it -- that too shows that there is some real interest in this! What a GREAT thing!!! You must be so tickled!!!

Ladybug Crossing said...

What a great idea! Your invitations are adorable!! Those chicks who didn't show sure missed a good time!!
LBC

Peggy said...

You are so smart to think of these themes! Did your husband learn anything at his breakfast ? Nice topic!

Susan said...

Awww...that just looks fun!! My neighborhood is not so nice. They bicker rather than act neighborly, so I pretty much focus on us and our family and ignore the ugliness. I dream of living in a neighborhood someday where we can do this sort of thing.

Congrats on all the CUTE ideas!!!

:-) Susan

YellowRose said...

Cute theme!! I am a theme person too!! GLad things went well! As for those how didn't show, they just don't know what they missed out on!!