Monday, August 21, 2006


my brother at 5 months of age.....

MONDAY MEMORIES...

This week is my baby brother's 58th birthday. It figures that my MONDAY MEMORIES should focus on this big event in his life...another birthday!! Might I say right up front that he has settled down quite a bit in the past few years. Those of you that read my blog often and read my MONDAY MEMORIES will remember the one that I wrote about being hit in the head by him and then my hitting him back some years later while we were playing cowboys!! YEAP!! Sibling rivalry and all that!!
I was thinking of that verse in the bible that goes: "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity".
Now I don't know if that is what the writer of Proverbs exact
ly meant but I always thought that is what he meant when I was young and growing up with a younger brother. Sometimes they can be a real pain in the "waszoo" (my own word)...
We would fight from the time we got up in the morning until we went to bed at night. Just ask my poor mother and she will tell you a whomping YES!! In fact, she will probably comment on this blog. Just to think that she LIVED through all of our fights is a tribute to her!!!
Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate my brother on his upcoming birthday this Wednesday the 23rd and to let him know that he has turned into a very nice man!!!
This is my brother today and his wife

5 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow girl....you got all the looks in the family. Ha, nice tribute to your brother. I some times think kids grow up well....despite us. My MM is up too.

Melli said...

They are cute - and look happy! And I think the tribute to your MOTHER is that she ALLOWED you two to live through all your fights! When my kids get to fussin' with each other, I tell 'em all the time - "you'll be LUCKY to see your next birthday!" ... I'm lucky now, cuz my kids hardly EVER fight with each other any more -- although there is still quite a bit of playful squabbling that goes on! But the serious issues all worked themselves out with age! YAY! Anyway -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Birthday Boy - come Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes you knew I would read this one didn't you? Yes I remember those days but they were not that bad. You both grew up and have made Dad and I both proud. We are happy we have both of you and knowing you do not fight anymore as you use to is also nice. Like the pictures, I will tell Ron about your blog so he can read it. This is the day the Lord has made, so be glad and enjoy it as we all should. Thanks Sandy and so sorry about your loss of a good friend. Know how that feels, can remember the first best friend I lost, except mine had a new baby and they died together and were in the casket together. Talk about a sad moment. Take care. Love Mother & Dad

Terry said...

Ha!! Flip Flop...We were ALWAYS fighting with my brothers...Well not Betty though our big sister..She is such a nice girl..you wouldn't believe how nice!
One time Teddy bit Betty while the whole van of us were being driven to Sunday School. Betty yelled because it hurt!!
Mr. T. turned around to give Teddy a good swat and that got Betty REALLY screaming!!'
You leave my brother alone!!"

Ha! blood is aways thicker than water!! ...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

I was the baby of my family! And my three brothers were unmercifully 'picking' on me! My poor mother was always there trying to keep me from harm. LOLOLOL....as I grew older I more or less got revenge. Well, not in an evil way, but I jumped at every opportunity to tease, bicker, little things that made me feel part of being a sibling! LOLOLOL

Happy Birthday Brother!!!!