Tuesday, August 22, 2006





Last night my daughter, Becky called and asked if today I would like to go and get a pedicure with her. I had just went a couple of weeks ago which is unusual for me but I figured if your daughter calls and wants to go even if you feel like you could not fight your way out of a paper sack...you should go...

She stopped by after taking her two to school this morning. We were talking and my neighbor Tootsie called. We invited her to go along too. It turns out that she was wanting to get a pedicure too.

Around 10:30 we all met at my favorite place where my two favorite people Helen and Tommy run a nice family place!! They are a sweet couple that are just trying to make ends meet. They are a fun couple from Vietnam. They have a darling baby girl. She is just a doll!! Tootsie and Becky had their tootsies all soaked and painted . Helen worked on my nails.

I have never had nails...ever...they are like thin sheets of fine parchment paper. About 6-8 years ago around Mother's Day, Becky got me started by taking me to get my first set of artificial nails. Now I have beautiful satin nails. I just do not know what I would do without them as I am so used to having nails.

This is not a great picture of Helen, unfortunately. She is a neat girl and a great mommy. She does nails wonderfully also. I think the picture was a little sudden for her to react correctly!! When you ask her the price, her answer is always, "$1,000.00!!" I guess she hopes one day someone will believe her!!

We did have a fun time and we laughed and laughed which was more than good for me...Laughter is always great when you feel so down and out like I have been feeling lately. I wish that I could have a BIG SHOT of energy!! I really do need one!! Anybody out there have one? I maybe could come and get it...but then again I am really too tired to come!!

FATIGUED FLIP FLOP..................

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow...sounds like it was the perfect way to spend a day to me!! Glad you went and had a great time.

You're in my prayers.

Blessings!!

Melli said...

Awwwww... Krysti and I almost always go and get our nails done together. My favorite spot has turned into an out and out SPA over the years -- it started out just a little hole in the wall -- but boy they're rakin' in the bucks! They just keep growing and expanding and it's now a luxurious, gorgeous place to go! If I hadn't been going there for so long I would really feel 'out of place' walking in there for the first time! But they did it gradually so it just grew on me! I'm so glad you got to have a girls day out today! They are fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun.

Maggie Ann said...

What a fun day! Especially to do something with your daughter too. It makes me smile just to read your post and enjoy your pictures!

Lazy Daisy said...

Glad to see a smile on that face again. Hugs, hugs, more hugs....warm fuzzy thoughts and tons of prayers coming your way.