Tuesday, June 13, 2006


Yes, Yes, I know it is TASTY TUESDAY but....I just cannot come up with anything today...plus Blogger is not wanting to work too well downloading a picture right now...it changed its mind..this is our granddaughter!!
I am about to fall asleep anyway. It is raining and raining and raining here. I need to get out of the house or turn on the brightest lights that I can find!! As you know or if you don't know...south east Georgia seldom gets rain and when we do it is LOTS!! Mr. Alberto is doing this and he looks like he is going to be doing more and more of this. We need this rain since we are so far behind right now...I just want to go lay down though...zzzzzzz!!!
Water is just running everywhere!! I hope that my downstairs family room makes it. We are in a flood zone and so far we have been fortunate and have not had to bail it out but I know that someday it is probably going to happen....Oh well!! That is one of the things that makes life so interesting...RIGHT?
Thanks for everyone reading my article about my dad! I was really surprised at the turn out. He is a great guy you know but a little stubborn anymore...my mother will gladly testify to that. (She has spoiled him rotten though)
Our granddaughter (she is 14) will be coming to stay with us this weekend for 3 weeks. That should be an interesting experience. She also has her younger aunt, uncle and niece and nephew to help entertain her too. We are kind of old for her anymore I guess!! I hope that means we will be going to the beach, downtown, on the jet ski to see the dolphins and maybe doing some things that I do not get to do very often. Hey, I may end up having a good time too. Just no jumping on the trampoline for me!! No more broken backs!!!
Just in case you have not seen the list of the names for the hurricanes this year let me be the first to let you know that your blogging friend's name is on the list. Just be careful when they get to the S's....I just hope that one is not a really, really mean one...or that we do not get that far!! Pray for that instead.
Blessings on ya'll!!

4 comments:

Melli said...

Oh your granddaughter is a doll! Boy will she liven things up around there! For 3 whole weeks? You better catch a nap -- you're gonna need it! LOL! (I live with 3 teenagers, ya know!) I'm sure you'll get to do all that stuff you mentioned - plus some! And stay up LATE at night ... of course, then you have to sleep in until noon... ;) Have FUN!

I did read about your dad this morning - he sure is a handsome fella! I bet he's aged well too.

Saija said...

sounds like you will have a wonderful time with your granddaughter ... you sound so young at heart!

blessings to you!

YellowRose said...

Your granddaughter is beautiful! Sounds like you will have a great time with her.

And about the hurricane...my mom has the same name as you! ;)

Maggie Ann said...

Your granddaughter looks sweet, I'm sure she's excited about the coming visit and you sound like a super Grandma. Hope the rain does no damage to your family room. That sounds worrisome.