Tuesday, April 18, 2006


SAVANNAH TEA ROOM

Today was Ladies day at one of the historic tea rooms in Savannah. Lazy Daisy, Susan, my daughter and myself went downtown to eat lunch.

Savannah is one of the hardest places to find a place to park. I have found one parking deck that I always park in when I go downtown. It is always a great place to park and close to the TEA ROOM. I generally can find a place to park there too. Well, not today, wouldn't you know!! That means that you have to keep driving and driving and looking and looking for a spot to park. Most of the parking spots are parallel parking. I am not at all good at that!! But we found one of those really quickly. With Susan and Lazy Daisy's help they got me parked!! My daughter was following in her car. She was not so fortuate. She kept driving and driving. The three of us went ahead into the TEA ROOM. She kept calling me on her cell phone. She could not find a place to park. She almost gave up, but finally, after about 20 minutes, here she came in the door.




We were all so excited because they had cream of carrot soup!! It is simply great!! The taste is just out of this world!! We had that and quiche!! I had my Emperor's Bride hot tea!! Yummy!!

Doesn't this look good!! Oh it is and even the orchid is good to eat!! It tastes a lot like lettuce with some powdered sugar on it. We laughed and had a great time. We took a lot of pictures. We hated it when we decided that it was time to leave and get back to the real world!! Don't you just hate it when you are having such a good time with such good friends and you have to leave?


Sometime when you are in Savannah remember to try having tea at the Savannah Tea Room !! You will enjoy yourself and just have a Ladies treat!!








3 comments:

YellowRose said...

Ok, like I have told Daisy...I'm so jealous!!!

Looks so good and what a place...I am so going to plan a trip back to Savannah to visit all those great places like the Tea Room!!

Ya'll continue to have fun!

Maggie Ann said...

That looks like a wonderful place. We have a tearoom here too. You can wear thier old-fashioned hats & gloves for free and for $5. they will take your group picture on thier staircase and mail it to you. I love to go there...I know the feeling...so cozy and special and the fellowship is just great. I like seeing your pictures!

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh this just sounds like such a Melli thing to do! I definately want to come there! WITH friends! Hmmmm... how will I arrange that?